Monday, March 28, 2005

U can't hurry love

Okie, today is one of those days.. I skipped to work knowing that its a lovely day and my day would be fine. Little did I know.. my day became a debate for my friends about my potential lifetime partner.

At work and well actually.. of late. I think alot of my friends have been busy trying to matchmake me with this and this and so and so. *Interesting how people are more worried about my singlehood than I am*

First there is my mother, who when knew I was single, was the the first person to jump for joy. You get the drift. Now, she is trying to matchmake me with some engineers from her office. *ahem* if anyone of you come and tell me say why not? U will probably get a lecture from me.. hahaha..

Next, I found out few weeks ago.. my coursemate Shirley wanted to introduce me to a friend of she and her bf, Steve. She told me she suggested to Steve about it. When I heard it.. my eyes widened and I started laughing. Thanks, Shirley. Appreciate it!! haha..Cos it shows me she is concern about me.

Okieee..back track to work. At work today, they were talking about the guy D-N--- that was about to rejoin EY but this time in our dept. They were teasing me non-stop, left, right, center about how he used to comment to one of them (Yan a.k.a Bbob and some others) that he thinks I am the prettiest in the dept. (Okie, mental note to treat him coffee when he joins us officially.. hahahha) They teased me saying they are gonna make me sit beside him during lunches, started promoting intensively to me (wonder if they do get commission from this? Hmmmmm...nah..) and the more I ignore them the more excited and happy they became. "Can la, Pris.. can la.. he not bad what.. tall.. say you prettiest somemore wor..how? want not?" "Wei.... I not buying fish leh..U're talking about a lifetime partner..not a fish that can be eaten and if if u cannot finish.. just throw away and get a new one". The "Aiyah.. can wan.. can wan.." continued to chant and nearly became a song till my boss came out..the crowd dispersed INSTANTLY. Lol.

As if my colleagues weren't bad enough.. my boss Grahame told Kate before Kate left for Hong Kong today for business trip.. 'Alright take care.. have a good trip'.
Kate turning around 'Do you want me to get anything for ya?'
Grahame quickly saying no and then paused and said 'hmm.. on second thought' (he raised his voice louder on purpose) 'Think yes.. could you bring back a nice Hong Kong man for Pris? Get her one in a nice suit' *PRIS EYES WIDEN WHILE READING HER EMAILS*
O.O Waahhtt? Great. -.-

Turned around.. saw Grahame and Kate sniggering.. Grahame grins and hits me on my arm, winks and walks away. Can die!!!! Perhaps my social life is in such jeopardy that even my boss is trying to get me a man.

Perhaps I shouldn't say this.. but have a friend who whenever he talks to me online. 1st Question he always ask me is 'why are U so happy lately? Issit cos U've gotten attached?' And it was ok at first but slowly it irritated me. Why? Cos everytime he msn me.. (doesn't say hi at all which is fine..) but the 1st thing and perhaps the ONLY thing that he always say to me is this. I am pissed cos.. isn't there anything else to say or ask other than this? (Honestly.. I would much appreciate even if he msn me and said the skies are a perfect grey today.. or watever..that would be a good change!!)


Besides, I am in no competition with anyone with regards to getting attached or hitched ...(not as if I would be getting a million dollars for getting attached before ??? date at 2359hours or something..) Crap. And he ALWAYS ask about my 'other half' or questions / enquiries that all boils down to getting attach and when after a few trillion repetitve questions about my 'other half' (NOTE: Whom I don't even know who myself) and to be frank, he isn't really sincere or nice enough to bother about the rest of whatever aspect of my life that actually goes on as well? (C'mon...as a friend you would ask your pals also riight? Hows life? Hows work? Hows your partner? Hows your school? blah..blah..) And he doesn't reply at all to things outside the 'Being attach' topic. (I knowwww!!! I can feel my friends all shouting into my ears.. can U just close his chat window and block him or something???) Hahaha... oh well.

Anyway, why does he equate happiness with being someone ultimately? Why can't I be a happy single and seek fulfillment in it? Well, I am not saying that love does not bring happiness.. yes it definitely does. BUT, like what RY just told me over the phone "having someone adds a new dimension to our life and these are 2 different kinds of happiness altogether". (Right on! First time I am agreeing with RY in unison..hahaha.. he is going to kill me for sure for quoting him frequently here).

Besides, I just came off a looooong relationship last year and am begining to enjoy my singlehood to the fullest. (I mean some of you out there may go "ya riight.. thats cos you're single.. and no bf) Well.. honestly speaking, I don't care! Wahahahah..... But on a more serious note, I am not saying that you won't get to enjoy being in a relationship. Its just a different enjoyment.

With singlehood, yes it's lonely at times. But it doesn't mean that I am lonely means I open my doors to any tom, dick or harry that comes knocking at my doors (Reference from Lil P, 2004) <--this shows that I have been doing too much projects that I am begining to reference everything. Tell me if I am wrong.. if you are craving for say tiramisu cake for ages.. and you know exactly where sells one of the best tiramisu cakes ever... would you when on your way to buy the tiramisu.. rather eat a digestive biscuit or anyting else other than the tiramisu just cos the food was more conveniently located? Well there are many schools of thoughts here and your stand could be:


1.'it depends.. I may be soo hungry that i would eat anything offered to me there and then..' OR
2. 'I may changed my mind on my way to get the tiramisu'
3. 'Have both whatever and the tiramisu' and Ra ra ra ra ra...
All of the above or more thoughts are fine. They are your thoughts. Not mine.

I, however, knows I crave for tiramisu and would not want anything to upset my stomach or spoil the taste of the tiramisu. Is knowing what you want so tough just cos you are single? And the world thinks that cos you are single you are not happy? Like mentioned earlier, its totally 2 different kinds of happiness. Maybe I am not making any sense here. Anyway.. to that friend of mine. I told him diplomatically about what I felt and well he kindof again said to me "Must find a lifetime partner soon.." *Sighs* (I tried gazillion times.. still doesn't sink in..) Yah.. I do want a lifetime partner.. but exactly why its for a lifetime, I would not want anyone just like dat for my partner for life. The last thing I need is a guy who zaps and sucks the life essence out of me (RY, 2005).

If u asked me "Do u worry, pris?" yah I do. I am only human.. I am only mortal. I'm just a girl. But, what can worrying do? And since I am learning to trust God daily and let Him be in charge of my life, I wanna trust Him in this aspect too. And right now, my focus is on Him. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.. and all these things shall be added onto you.. " (Cannot remember the verse if you ask me).
I am not seeking Him so that I can have all these things added onto me. I wanna seek Him cos I am curious about Him. I wanna dwell in His love.

When I look back and see how people fuss over my singlehood, I feel blessed. I truly do, cos I appreciate what everyone is doing. I appreciate their care and concern for me. Cos if they are not concern, they won't be bothered about my happiness. And I wanna thank God for surrounding me with such wonderful folks always.

As the song goes.. "U can't hurry love.. U just gota wait.. love don't come easy..."
So before I find love or love finds me (I am hopping for the later since I am a lazy person.. ) I am enjoying my life now very much .. and in His time, He makes all things beautiful in His time...

*P/s: Unless you have a very nice sharp nose that can make me look at you twice without me realising.. then perhaps love can be hurried.*




14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare open your doors to any Tom, Dick or Harry, gal!!! You deserve more.. in fact You deserve so much more than that!!! Enjoy your singlehood to the max, cos next time you won't get it back! Hehe, you know what I mean and just focus on what you want, anyway you got beeline behind you right??? -JP

Anonymous said...

Erik says: Wah, long but interesting entry you have got there, babe. You've got a good sense of humour. Was laughing as I read. I agree with you on many points. Think in this fast paced technology society, relationships form and go in a twink of an eye.

And I see some of my friends who go into relationships quickly and then come out quickly also and yet still do not know what they want. That's the worst. I support you in sticking to what you want, babe!

Merv Kwok said...

hey... didnt i post a comment here b4? hmm

blah

Prisca said...

>JP: Thanks for ur message. Yup, am enjoying it right now and er.. what beeline?

>Erik: Wow.. I didn't know you were reading my blog at all and I dun recall giving you the website even.. thanks for ur comments & Support! Appreciate that!

>Merv: I dun see comments from you for this entry leh.. U mean other entries?

Anonymous said...

Hello Priscilla, I happen to browse your blog and I find it very interesting. You seem like a humourous, clever girl who come across to me as someone with an innate strength. Personally, you seem to have an X-factor just by reading your entries. Guess I just want to say, keep your blog going and I support you in your decision 2. Regards, By chance.

Merv Kwok said...

neah. posted one for this blog post but i think it didnt make.

sadly.

too lazy to retype even tho i remember wat i wrote haha

Prisca said...

MervvVVvyn!!!!!! U gota comment la!! Curiosity kills the *meow*.

Hi By chance, thanks for posting your comments on my blog. Hopefully, you'll come here 'by chance' more often! Cya around..

Merv Kwok said...

here's what i previously posted but did not make it:

ur coursemate probably more concerned about her fren one la hehe.

hmm... i think the only guys you gonna ever find with really sharp noses are snowmen with carrot noses. that one sure very sharp wan!

Prisca said...

Hahah.. well.. U do have a point there. But I take it that she is also concern about me.. hehhee..

Mm.. I dun think I can get snowmen here though. They can't last in Singapore! Hehe.. Must go overseas where its cold and snowy. No need REALLY sharp la..sharp and interesting can already. *grins*

Merv Kwok said...

Pinnochio then?

Prisca said...

Pinnochio? Can't do. He's got strings attached. I dun do men who are attached u know. *grins* See.. not easy to find nice sharp nose right? Hee hee.. :D

Sandy said...

Yo gal, hope you will find your perfect tiramisu at not earlier, not later, but in HIS perfect timing :)

Prisca said...

Yo babe! Great seeing ya here and thanks for your comment.. yup in His perfect timing.. agreed! :) Btw.. my projects are almost done.. we can catch up on some swimming before my exams hit me

Prisca said...

WooO.. thanks for being so protective of me, lil bro. haha..