Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Sunday

Woke up to a lovely Sunday morning. It's a lovely day today. There's not even much haze today. Why? Cos it's the day my Lord triumphed over death and gave me, you, us, everyone life.


My lovely morning was a little disrupted. Had a short tiff with my mummy before I left the house. That never fails to make me upset. I told myself to snap out of it and headed down to meet the rest of the guys for breakfast at Killiney's. (Think french toast, kaya = egg & coconut jam, with nice toast & soft boil eggs kindof breakfast.)


It was nice meeting the rest.. everyone's cheery. So was I.. (or was I?) Again, I told myself not to show this aspect. Why? It's truly a lovely day and today.. I wana give 100% of my singing, my spirit, my life, my heart.. my everything back to Him. I admit I have not been paying attention sometimes during service. I may trail off for a minute or two but today I told myself 'Priscilla Tham, you got to today.. ' And I did.. I sang my heart out, I was excited at worship..somehow the harder I sang.. my tears kept running from the sides of my eyes. I was happy, mind you. Peacefulness serenaded me today.


Pastor Jeff shared a humourous sermon (He seems to be 'active' only with services that have special events like Christmas last year and Easter?) Maybe cos he is supposedly to be a mandarin speaking pastor? Am clueless here. Cos this is only my second time listening or seeing him conduct service. But his sermons always make me think away from the norm. Which is good. Personally, anyone who is able to stimulate my mind in such aspects is good for my spiritual and mental health. One part of Pastor Jeff's sermon made me think hard. He said, Jesus overcome and triumphed death and gave us life. God can bring a dead relationship back to life, God can bring a dead career back to life, etc. I never taught about Easter this way. It brings a whole new aspect to the same meaning of Easter.


To be frank, my relationship with my mummy have never been like 80% good. Sometimes only 40% and I would consider myself lucky already. It's just one of those mother and daughter relationships that sometimes they can't stand each other kind. I don't even know if I should be blogging about this since this is something so personal and confidential. I am not washing dirty linen in public. My mum is a wonderful woman if you ask me. She is a giver. Sometimes, her colleagues and her boss takes an advantage of her kindness. Just that we sometimes do not see eye to eye. I don't like my mum to question me alot of times over something which I know what I am doing especially and I do admit patience isn't my best virtue. (Wait a minute.. I cannot even consider it a virtue since I think I lack of it).


I know she loves me very much and to be frank.. I love her very much too. But I think sometimes.. with our own close ones.. we are even more prideful to just admit we love each other. I prayed for God to breathe even more life into this mother and daughter relationship that I am in. Someday, when I become a mother.. I too will want to be lilke my mum. I used to hate it when my ex-bf say I am becoming more like my mum. But today, I think back.... I do wanna be like her in many ways. Single mum raising 2 kids on her own though my Dad is still around but let's just say mum played the active role. She devoted her life to making my brother and me who we are today and I am thankful. When I place myself in her shoes, I doubt I will have the determination and strength to raise up 2 kids on my own.



I prayed and dedicated myself and mum unto the Lord's hands and teared uncontrollably... I also prayed for annoiting of the Holy Spirit. Again, something in me asked me "Do you want me Pris? Do you want to follow me?" Again, I told him "Yes" no matter if its the right time or not to be annoited, I still want You. I didn't think of speaking in tongues. All I had on my mind was "yes, yes, yes..I want You" and I just teared again and again. When I opened my eyes. It felt good. Cleansed feeling. Sometimes I feel that our lives have become so fast paced that we have all hardened our hearts, but the good Lord breaks down these walls and remind us that eveything is in His control.


This Easter is very special to me. I am in His house once more. I am worshipping Him. I feel close to Him. Last year? I was attached, yes.. but Easter had not much meaning the past few years when I was attached, nothing to do with my ex-bf whatsoever.. but back in those years, my focus was not on the Lord, Himself. Yet, this Easter though I am single.. I felt His love for me..strong and yet gentle. I miss my Father very much.. I just wanna say here and I am not ashame to say here on my blog (not to showoff or show how holy I am) but I really do wanna say Father Lord, I love You.


After service today, I felt re-charged and exuberant.. Received another belated birthday card and present from Karen and Jon and its sooo lovely of them to remember. Karen's words in the card touched me too. Awww.. U guys.. thanks!
After lunch, some of us went to play pool (Eirene, Mervyn, Chang Shiung, Geoff, Gabriel, Jon, Andrew & myself) and we had a great time at pool.
Been a long time since I last played pool (RY, are you still up for it? *winks*) And gosh.. Geoff's good in sports man..not only was he good in basketball (I heard from the grapevine) and some other sports.. he was also good in pool. Had a fun session.. and as usual.. when I get excited.. you can hear me screaming "aarrggghh....nooooooo!!! yayyyyyy!!!! wooohoooOo!!! hahahahha!!!" could be heard all over the place as I was actively hopping in between 2 pool tables. Challenged Ang Guppy (Gabriel) and I think both of us filled the pool salon.. made so much noise. Went home after that, wanted to do some of my project ended up? Too tired till I fell asleep. hahah... so here's my Easter Sunday for you.

No comments: