Wednesday, March 02, 2005

March (1st Quarter of 2005)

Can't believe its March already. Yup.. folks. It's March. 1st quarter of 2005 already. If you thought Man! Where did my February pay went after paying all those bills.. welcome to the club, pal! And soon.. it would be time to pay your income tax time in April. Lol.
Well.. looking back at February.. it's been a crazy month and went whooshing past way before I had time to ponder what had happened. Oh, by the way.. if your name is Richard Yeong.. gota tell you that this is another one long blogs of mine.. (Cos Richard apparently complain to me that I blogged as though I was writing my lifestory...Obviously, he has not awaken the dragon in me before.. hahaha..) Anyway.. it's my blog.. and I "cry if I want to... cry if I want to.." Lol.
Last Sunday (27th February 2005) was the last caregroup meeting of EC1. There's been shuffling in our caregroups and couples like Joel & Evelyn (my previous CLs), Karen & Soo Guan, Desmond & Su and newly weds Yee Leong & Virgina would be moving to the married caregroup. Jon would be heading to another caregroup and so will Grace. Gosh. It's a tad sad though I have not been in this church and caregroup for very long. Just last year July/August? How time flies and we went to Karaoke to have the last reunion as a caregroup. It was fun. We croaked our hearts out.. well at least I did. Always find that my voice sounds like a kid's voice. But anyway.. these nice people probably grit their teeth through my horrendous singing, I meant croaking.
After croaking.. some of us went our separate ways whereas the remaining few went to Coffee Club for some cuppas and mudpies and drinks..I had to leave half way to go meet my coursemates at BBC Mac for our minor LMS project. Due on 1st March 2005. Yes.. did I mention that Sunday was 27th feb 05? And our projects weren't compiled yet. Anyway spent what seem like eternity at Macdonald's doing our project and finally went home close to..? 12am. We were the last customers of the day. Went home.. did more on our project and slept really late again. Close to 2ish or 3 am. Can't recall. Lack of sleep means memory is failing also.
******Took urgent leave next day, on Monday to rush out project**************
Spent the whole day in front of my notebook.. felt almost as though I barely moved. rushing out our project and finally project was done. Slept at 3ish again and felt very drained. Though I took urgent leave to do my project, subconsciously at the back of my head.. I was thinking of work. I was worried about work. I knew that returning to work on Tuesday would somehow kill me due to the overload of emails and work and ra ra ra... Anyhow.. was just glad that our project is done. Ready for submission tomorrow on 1st March 2005.
*******Hello March! How do you do?****************************************
1st March 2005 arrived with heavy rain in the wee hours of morning while I was deep in my slumber from sleeping very late cos of project. Woke up.. stared at the really red sky from my bed which is near to the window. Heavy rain...got up to shut the windows. Woke up very tired and exhausted. My brain is alert. But my body is aching and was dreading to go to work. Knowing that my inbox would be flooded and painted red.
Dragged my half-dead...listless...lifeless body to work. Reached office real late. At near to 10am. Text my boss, my supervisor that I'll be late and they said ok. Scuttle hurriedly into the office upon arrival and guess what I saw .. sitting on my workstation? A BIG Bright Pink paper bag with a pink ribbon was sitting on my desk. HUH?! Went near it and immediately my colleague Weeslee came out from her room and said to me "Ur friend asked me to pass to you from London wan... NAH!!! So big leh!! So much luggage space leh!! How are you going to repay me huh????????"
Yes.. knowing my colleagues.. next thing I know. ALL those sitting nearby have crowded at my desk. *Aiyoh.. my eyes are feeling so puffy and tight from lack of sleep and with these people towering over me and the Bright Pink paper bag.. I can hardly breathe..*
When I peeped inside the paper bag... there were 3 very cute furry bear plushies. 1 a forever friend plushie. 1 wearing a london sweater plushie. 1 wearing a 'Love U' plushie. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...........................Soooo sweet.. my puffy eyes widened when I saw there were like 4 cards. 3 post cards with beautiful scenery of Rome. (Truly lovely & classic) and 1 advance bday card in PINK too. There was a present which I have yet to open.. but my heart was in a pool of water already.. melted. I didn't wanna open the present till my actual birthday but my crazy colleagues were chanting aggressively "open..open..open..open..open..open.." When I opened the present. My jaws dropped and hit the floor.. my puffy eyes widened and immed I woke up (as u know I am not a morning person).
There it was.. in my hands.. a white cute box....with Mini i-pod printed on the box and it was a pink mini i-pod somemore (my fave colour). It was really too much for me to take at that moment. As my crazy colleagues went WAHHHHHHHHHH...........I felt a little faint. Think too much work.. school projects ...lack of sleep.. and juggling everything .. PLUS this!!! Was a little too much for me. They were from my lil bro and my friend in London. I cannot believe the surprise at all. *Khanh.. if you are reading this.. I still think that it's too much.. really..* I thank you very much for the sweet gesture.. Not cos of the ipod .. but cos your heart went into giving me a great gift for my birthday in advance cos you would be in Lyon, France and would not have the time.
The birthday card was very dear to me of all the gifts. Why? Cos you coloured and decorate it very nicely. You wrote your reasons for your choice of gift and went out of your way to make your sister here happy. I really don't know how to thank you enough. It's truly sweet of you. I still don't know what to say other than it's too much and thank you. U really.. really shouldn't have.
I mean.. Pink paperbag with pink ribbon, 3 teddy plushies, 3 Rome postcards (knowing how much I like postcards) 1 Pink birthday card and a Pink mini i-pod. U've spoilt me rotten. *giggles*
The best present my lil bro gave me was... telling me that he has converted. Now shares the same Father as I do. And you don't know how happy I am for you and you don't know how glad I am to hear when you tell me about you and your friend and your safe arrival at Lyon for your school work. I hope Lyon treats you well in these 3 months, ya?
So ... that's March for me. Though there is alot of work.. be it in office or at school, my end of February and begining of March have been activity filled and eventful... +meaningful. I hope the 1st quarter of 2005 have been kind to you.. as it had to me...(cos He sustained me!)

3 comments:

Paul said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

waaaaaaaaaa....

I'm so *green* now.....

Prisca said...

*giggles* no la.. dun need to be green.. or unless u telling me u have a green mini i-pod? :P

Anonymous said...

PLEASE LA, WOMAN!!!!! U CAN SING 1 OK!!!! I HEARD YOU SING B4!!! VERY NICE!!! I LIKE UR VOICE!! WHAT U TALKING ABOUT CROAKING HUH? U're one of those talented char bors la.. can sing.. smart, funny, pretty, bubbly, kind, considerate, can cook nice fried rice and bake ur apple crumble, plays excellent pool, nice figure *oops* so now can I have my $50? HAHA!!- JP