Friday, March 04, 2005

Thank God It's Friday! TGIF!

AG3NG9B2 - Island Hope's 1st CareGroup Meet of 2005
Friday, 4th March 05: Yippppeeeeeeee!!!!!! It's Friday again!
*I don't care if Monday's black..Tuesday..Wednesday..heart attack..Thursday NEVER looking back.. iiitts Friday, I'm in love!* (Lyrics from the song Friday, I'm In Love by Cure)


As most of you know.. I'm a Friday gal.. lurve Fridays. If you are working like me.. you will love Fridays. If you are studying part time like me and have no lessons or projects on Fridays.. you will love Fridays too. Basically, if you ARE almost like me.. doing work and studying at the same time.. you will really come to enjoy and fall in love with Fridays.
Now, there's even more reason for me to fall more in love with Fridays.. There's caregroup now on fridays! WooOOohOOoo!! Gives more meaning to Thank GOD It's Friday since caregroup is now on Fridays isn't it? (TGIF!!)


Can't wait to hit 5:30pm.. it's our first caregroup meet of 2005 as a new caregroup! If you asked what does (lemme scroll up & copy & paste here.. lazy to type) Okie, here you go... what does AG3NG9B2 stands for.. it stands for Adult Group 3, New Generation 9, Unit B Group 2. (The last part not so sure.. my dear CL.. if you read this.. don't kill me for not getting it right pls!! Heheh). Like I mentioned in my earlier blogs, there have been re-shuffling in the group so thats why we have new people in our caregroup now.


Arrived at my CL- Irving and my shepherd, Tze Yee's house for our caregroup and we had some games to get to know each other better. Well.. actually we know each other quite well but Andrew was the only new member (who turned up) amongst the usual group, but it was still fun to get to know each other further too. We sang and erm..danced? *sortof* while worshipping God and it was a hearty session. After praise & worship, we sat down for our study session to begin. Irving dished out files with nicely printed covers for everyone of us.. (He printed out floral designs for the babes and Tze Yee & I had the PINK floral ones! Haha.. I know.. I am the infamous Pink Panther already..So sweet of him!! Thanks Bro!!) The files were given to us so that we can file our caregroup study notes properly.. and looked back whenever we want to also. So cool! How innovative!!



Went through a session on unity.. and it was meaningful, especially when we are a new caregroup. The more we need to be united and move together as a group in one direction - to grow in Him and be closer to Him. To be united.. we must love one another eventhough all of us are so different in so many ways and because everyone in the group is unique, there may be conflicts BUT when we learn to love each other.. we also accept each other for who they are. Reminds me of my little brother.. he always tell me that he accepts me and loves me for who I am no matter what. Khanh, sometimes I wonder if you should be the elder brother instead.. I think I should play the younger sis. :)



After caregroup, they munch on the chocolate chip and banana walnut muffins I bought from Tanjong Pagar.. So happy!! Why? Not cos I like people to say "mmm.. the muffins are tasty, where did you get them from?". But to see everyone so happy, relax and comfy with each other while eating the muffins sends a warm tingling feeling down my spine. :) Don't know why.. not that I am boasting.. or advertising for myself. I think I am the kind.. when I see other people happy.. it makes me even happier, than myself being happy only. But then again.. there are cons to this aspect of me.. I do sometimes feel I have been taken for a ride when I treat people nicely and people trample my feelings all over and take you for granted. But that's a different episode for another day, folks. Hahaha..



After muffin munching session, everyone split doing their own things in the house. Some went to watch the tube, some chatting with one another, some were learning to dance ballroom dancing from Gabriel our 'cha-cha-cha' in the group. And we played boardgames like Settlers when some of the group folks left and headed home and the remaining few who were also going to watch a movie 'Howl's Moving Castle', played Settlers. It was a fun night. Activity filled. The Jap animation 'Howl's Moving Castle' was great, same makers as 'Spirited Away'. The movie evoked many feelings, senses, thoughts on my end (See another blog...I wont blog here.. too long) and after the midnight show.. we headed home.



Eirene and I shared a cab together since it was already 230ish in the morning already. Hopped onto a cab and Eirene and I were chatting halfway when *BAM!!!* Eirene and I felt a hard knock from the back of us. A young male driver knocked on the bum of our cab. The knock was hard.. we felt it in the cab and got shocked. The weird thing was.. the cab have not even driven far from where we hopped on.. still at the same traffic light and the light have not turned green yet even. The male driver didn't drive too fast but I guessed being passengers we still felt the impact of the knock. The taxi driver came out cursing.. and we turned our heads to see both drivers came out to settle this issue. What happened to us? We had to get out of the cab and hopped onto another one of cos. Can't imagine that such low speed can still cause such a hard knock. How 'lucky' we both are. We were teasing each other saying maybe have to buy lottery with the cab driver's license plate number.
Went home.. bathed.. changed and lie down on my bed and went "Arrrrhhhhhhh..." Finally my body is horizontal again ... said a prayer of thanks and went to my wonderland...zzzzzZZZzZZZZ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The muffins sounds delicious! (hinting) - JP

Anonymous said...

Well done Pris! U summed up the first CG really well! So glad... if I ever need to look back and see how my first CG was like, I'll just pop by your blog! *THUMBS UP* =D

Prisca said...

Hahhaa.. its so long, Irving!! But I just write my thoughts la.. maybe I think too much.. verbal diarrhorea!