Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeeee (Part 2)

Okie, welcome back peeps. Hahaha.. This is the part 2 of my birthday bash blog entry. I am soOo tired while blogging this cos I have like so much to say and blog down and I had like an extended brithday party celebration which I am not complaining but very happy of it. Just that I am tired.

(Start here for Pt 2)>: Anyway, woke up on my birthday and was grinning from ear to ear as I head to work today. It's my special day! And its special cos God created me uniquely la! My mum wished me happy birthday and I smiled.. she remembered too! Mummy, I love U.. I really do. *I know.. mushy mushy* Haha..

Received more txt messages:

(From my dearest & sweetest shepherd+sis, Tze Yee): Happy Birthday Princess! Any birthday wishes you would like me to pray for you?

*Aww... isn't she the sweetest? Thank you and Yes, my dear shepherd! I text her requesting that I wana open my heart to receive the Holy Spirit, I long for Him. I do.. I just try too hard on my own strength .. *

(From my Aunt Florence): Happy Birthday!

*So sweet of you, Aunt Florence.. that you remembered.. since young till now you have always remembered everyone's birthday and as I grow older.. I appreciate what you do for the family and relatives. Thank you!*

(From my ex-colleague & friend, Jazle): Happy Birthday!!! Many happy returns! May you be as pretty n happy as ever.....

*Jazle, U are someone who's advice I always treasure.. U taught me alot of life's 'need-to-know' and you are someone I will always look up to especially in terms of work/career..thank you so much..*

(From Evelyn, my ex-CL's wife and church sista): Happy birthday girl! May you havea year of great spiritual awakening and growth, and may God's favour shine on you as you follow Him wholeheartedly

*Hey babe!! So surprised you remembered! Sweet! Yes, I do wanna follow Him wholeheartedly.. though there are times I really feel I have rely too much on my own strength and can't continue but I will presevere.. its not easy but I know it's gonna be worth it.. Thanks for your encouragement always, Eve!*

(From Joel Chin, a.k.a Fishy + our ex-CL + a.k.a evelyn's hubby..heheh): Pri Pri, happy birthday to you!

*Lol.. hahaha.. call me PriPri.. so farny.. this is one cool guy and bro. Never fail to crack me up and yet point out the stuff that I have never think of. He challenged me to use this one year to focus on Him and just trust Him and compare the difference to the other years and see how contrasting it would be.. Okie bro, I will take up this challenge and use this one year to focus on God and see whats the difference.. Actually, I am begining to see major differences already but thank U for remembering my birthday and I will continue to presevere as mentioned earlier*

(From my coursemate, Shirley): Happy Birthday Pris!

*Shirley!! My current coursemate.. she is a smart and cute coursemate.. older than me but she is someone that's very sincere.. Thank U for wishing me twice.. once on the night before during lessons and once more on my actual day!!*

(Sms from a friend in Malaysia.. - I gota check my palm if its Aaron or Agnes.. I can't figure cos its all in numbers and no name..cos I changed my hp recently la.. so all numbers are in my palm!): Happy Birthday to u, happy birthday to u, happy birthday to Priscilla, happy birthday to U! May u be well & happy always. Remember, U're not getting older, u're just getting better! :)

*Thanks! I gota go figure was it Aaron or Agnes who text me.. I think its Agnes but I gota check my palm!! Drats.. I left it in the office.. I think ---> When you lack of sleep like ME.. Ur brains are fried.. Ur memory only lasts only for a split second*

(From another church sis, Grace): (Its in mandarin but I am going to write the translation here.. literally.. "Stay pretty every year and wish that you will be blessed to the max"

*Pris heart melts.. Grace, I really didnt think you would remember.. especially when there have been shuffling in the caregroup and you are already in the new caregroup. Miss ya lots still.. *

(This SMS SURPRISED ME VERY VERY MUCH.. guess who was it from?? MCDONALD'S): Dear Priscilla Tham, Happy Mcbirthday greetings to you from the management and staff of Mcdonald's Singapore.

*HUH?????!!!!!!! What the.. How the heck did Ronald get my mobile number? Eirene said I was probably some loyal happy meal fan club since young that they remembered.. Riight.. hahaha.. I was laughing and saying no.. I am not some kid's club member of Mac. Anyway..How come just wish me? Never throw in happy meal? (Oops..) Hahaha.. *

Those were the text messages I received. Thank you everyone of you, including Ronald McDonald! It's really touching to know how many of you remembered. *Pris beams*

(At the office)> I went to work and when I reached office, Yilin the alcoholic baby of the department (She is the youngest of the dept. YET , this baby can drink like a fish I tell ya.. she drinks alcohol like as if its tap water and still show no signs of being high watsoever.. ) She came over to my desk and talked in her usual bullet-train speed.. "Hey Prissss!! happy birthday!!" as she stretched out her arms for a hug. Swwweeet! My first birthday hug!

Next, HB & Lien wished me happy birthday as well. Joel Tan (different from the Joel mentioned above.. this one is a residential garbage bin.. bottomless pit.. U get the picture) cameby my desk with a grin and said "Happy birthday Pris!!" So sweet..

My boss, Grahame wished me when he saw me "Happy birthday, little one!!" *exchange hugs* Nicest boss award goes to.... U know who!

Lil P (a.k. fondly as Patrico): came strolling into the office like a 'tai-tai' and turned running to me with arms open wide.. "Happy Birthday, PRIS!!! See I so nice.. I come in only I give you hug.. First hug!!" "Hey thanks, Patrick.. but U ain't the first" *Patrico's eyes widened* "HUH?! Who da hell beat me to it?!" -Yilin. "Okie, fine!! Hhhmmpphhh" hahaha.. Patrick is sooo cute. Shows his dramatic reactions this way... Lurve this guy to bits. (Btw.. if U are reading this.. I take back that U look like a Mongolian in Ur resume pic.. Hahaha.. just for TODAY!! But I still lurve u la.. U are great and the office is DARN QUIET without you.. I can hear myself breathe!! Come back quick!)

Liz also came and hugged me and wished me mid-work..and then soon it was lunch. After our lunch at Sakae Sushi (which Yan treated me to a free Sakae Sushi lunch.. hahaha, thanks Yan!!) and then we headed back to office. At around 3ish in the afternoon, they had a birthday celebration for both Lily & I. We were the March babies and it was my first cake. Nice!

(Fast Forward--->) Met Teresa & Jazle at partyworld. They reserved a KTV room to croak our hearts out. Eirene would joined us later and it turned out to be a crazy celebration with just 4 gals. Jazle baked me a birthday cake. An oreo cheesecake!

And... here's the babe who baked the cake for me!!! Jazle!! The one in brown beside me..(as usual I am in my fave colour..PINK)

Okie... since I have gained a reputation for being a product gal.. here's the 2 products that I am "advertising" tonight..


Oreo Cheesecake & me..

And to wash it down with Almond Milk Drink.. *slurps*

And after all that singing.. its...TIME for group pose with the cake and blow the candle!! (See me trying to pout & blow the candles?hahah..)

After blowing the candle.. I was *ahem* forced to pose with the cake and give a commercial like pose again... (as usual.. i am always giving commercial like poses.. hahaha.. camera whore... *shameless..* but .. honestly.. like I care..) Its supposedly to be like as though its those watch commercials la.. anyway, it was a crazy thought from the gals and I.. Hahhaha..fun!

Oh look.. I am only 1 years old. Riight. More like A YEAR *cough* wiser



Look at the beautiful butterfly birthday (okie.. that's a mouthful) card that Teresa made for me!! Yes.. I REPEAT (if ur eyes went tooooo fast..) MADE!!! Isn't it lovely? Its so lovely I had to hide my face behind it! Ok.. I was just being cheeky la.

Okie.. don't be shocked at the next picture of me.. My trap was open real BIG man!! I was screaming.. REALLY. Screaming when I opened the nicely wrapped present from both Eirene & Teresa.. Why???? Cos I wanted to buy that bag from Teresa's bag shop.. I was taking a long time to decide what colour should I get (cos they have it in PINK and blue) and I was in a dilemma and when i finally settled for a BLUE bag... Teresa slyly conned me that the bag was sold out and so was the PINK one. So when I opened it.. I was screaming cos I really thought it was sold out and was a tad disappointed.



Oh yah and they threw in a nice blue purse as well to match the bag. Eirene said to me .. "Blue is the New Pink!" hahaha.... Soooo notti right??? They conned me and yet surprised me!! Did I mention that I love surprises? hehehe.. Very sweet and (notti!!) of them to surprise me like this. *Pris.. touched*

We sang out hearts out and I was MADE (Yes.. made la.. though I am also quite willing to be sporting and play along) to sing and DANCE as if I was throwing my personal concert.. Too bad I don't have more pics and movie clips from Teresa & Eirene yet.. if not I will post some to show U how crazy we all were..All time high!! 4 gals = one hypermart..making so much noise in one KTV room. hahahaa... I enjoyed myself immensely. I truly did. And bless all of you for organising this for me.. It's really sweet and nice of you to have taken time off from work and naked me a oreo cheesecake, wrapped and made a lovely card for me. What did I do to deserve everyone of U? I really don't know. But I am thankful and grateful. Thank you for making my 26th birthday so memorable that I look forward to more birthdays with everyone of you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pris, it's really great seeing that U've been blessed abundantly with so many friends, family & relatives who care so much about U. U probably made a difference in their lives one way or another that is why everyone loves Pris. -JP

Anonymous said...

Princess - Just want to affirm that you r really a very sweeeeeet and caring sis! Always put others before yourself...oh yes, I notice the DUCK on ICEBERG did not make it to the list =PPPP Mermaid

Prisca said...

Wahahahaha... the "duck on iceberg" again?? Hahaha... Its really going down in my history of classic goof ups man..Haha.. Cos I dun have pics for tat saturday.. thats why i didn't blog.