Sunday, March 20, 2005

Linger...

What was said during today's sermon that caught my attention and stuck on my mind even till now:

God is crazy about you! He is so crazy about You.. He gave His son to die on the cross for us.

That sentence lingered on my head. I was a tad late after service and bible study class and had to rush to school to meet project mates for project discussion so I took a cab. When I was in the cab.. I was tearing. The sentence just lingered on my mind and heart. I dedicate this poem to God, to all those who like me needs reminding constantly, who have weary hearts, who leaned too much on their own strengths..


Linger
Often I forgot Your kindess and goodness to me
Leaning on my own strength, I slowly closed my heart to thee
Everything in my daily life, slowly became a chore
You were calling out to me but I continue to ignore

The day I misplaced my focus
Everything else starts losing its purpose
Though I tried many times to flee
You never ever gave up on me

And today in church was shared
That You are crazy about us and you affirmed us you cared
That statement struck me and lingered on in my head
Even when I went to school today, it stayed

It rang in my head.. Over and over again
I began to tear.. don't know why and I just can't explain
Your continual and unconditional love touched the deepest part
Little by little.. U restored my weary heart

I thank You for constantly reminding me..
That You are crazy about us to an extreme degree
I want to re-commit myself to you again, Lord
Because You are worthy to be adored

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pris! I think you have a really great flair for poetry. This is your 2nd work of the year? Anyway, I had a great time reading both. While the first one was a pensive recollection of a relationship bound in tension, this second one is visibly more upbeat and joyfull in its tone! Surely the Lord has touched you today! =D

Anonymous said...

Wow! Pris..Ur friend Inky is right. Great flair, truly. This is some impressive stuff. When will U write a poem about me, huh? Hahaha!! - JP

Prisca said...

Hey Irving, thanks for the encouragement! Yup, the Lord has touched me on Sunday and today as well after you & TY prayed for me. Thanks, U guys! For everything U've done for me and the rest of us.

Hi JP!! Thanks! When will I write a poem about U? Hmm... never! Haha

Anonymous said...

Pripri, I just read your blog today and I was so amazed and touched to see your poem. Those things that I prayed for you on Mon night, it really makes sense now -- God was trying to tell you how much He loves and treasures you, even though you may have turned your back on Him, He still won't give up on you!! Nothing can come between His love for you. Little Mermaid

Prisca said...

Hi Gorgeous Little Mermaid, thanks for praying for me. Thank you for being the ever caring shepherd one could have. U're a God-sent sis! Once again, thanks for affirming me that God loves me very much. I love Him too and want very much to reach His hand & walk with Him. I am very blessed to know you & Ink. And thanks for commenting here, its a very pleasant surprise to see U here.. as always. :)