Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bits & Pieces

Okie, I have not been on a blogging frenzy or blogging regularly as I would like to cos I have been busy. But in a single blog entry tonight, I will blog about my days from last Sunday until today, Thursday. Heheeh..

Last Sunday we celebrated Andrew's birthday at Mushroom Pot which is located at OG Orchard Point. The food was good and I like the soup very much. Afterwhich some of us went to do research on our vacation plans to Japan. Oh yah..forgot to mention, that I got to know a new friend -Adeline and she is a cute gal. Here's some pics:


Birthday Boy


Adeline & I @Isetan Scotts, Mos Burger


The pics for last Sunday are courtesy of Merv..this is the owner of the camera


Me la..who else..

After researching, Gab, CS, Adeline & I went to watch the movie Harry Potter. It's not bad actually. I like it. Think Severus Snape the character is getting more interesting as portrayed in the movie.. in my opinon at least.
And that was my Sunday.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday: Busy with work.
Tuesday: Busy with work and also running errands.
Fast right? haha...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday: After work, Noelle accompanied me to Plaza Singapura to shop for a nice photo frame that can contain a few pictures of us so that we can present it to Lien who is returning to Melbourne early next week. Wanted her to remember all of us... so we walked around scouting for a nice photoframe and found one in the shop Molecue. They have very nice clocks as well as photoframes. But they were quite steep but unique. Ranges from $40ish to $80ish for photoframes. We bought a nice frame and was satisfied that 'mission accomplished'.


Then it happened. Temptation hit me hard. I asked Noelle if we can check something out. I went there and temptation was SoOooo hard to resist, I caved in. Sigh.. too bad I do not have an iron will when it comes to such. But I was jubilant. In fact I am still jubilant. hehehe.... some of you may already have known what made me happy. Hehe.. Don't say out okie!! Hahaha.. Anyway, that was my mid-week. It will never be the same again. hehe.. for me at least and don't let your thoughts run too far.. it's really nothing much. But to me it is something much though...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday: Today you guys shall learn about 'How to Score a Tim Tam Slam'.

As I explained, my cutest and lovely assistant Claire will deomonstrate to you how to score a tim tam slam... Please pay attention. Hehehe..
Step 1: Buy a pack of Arnott's Tim Tams (Duhh!! Then it won't be called Tim Tam Slam if you don't!). For some of you who have not been introduced to this divine product AT ALL....WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING ALL YOUR LIFE! hehehe... just kiddin. Here's a pic of a pack of Tim Tams just in case.



It is best eaten if the Tim Tams are dark chocolate flavours but you can make do with Original flavour of Tim Tams as dark chocolate ones usually fly off the shelves pretty quickly.

Step 2: Like Claire, pick your TimTam up & get ready


Step 3: Bite off a tinnnnny weeeee bit off the corner of the TimTam 1st.

And it will look like this (See bottom left corner of the TimTam)


Step 4: Bite off another tinnnny weeee bit off the other diagonal end of the TimTam as what Claire is doing.

As you can probably see... both the diagonal corners of the TimTam has been bitten off. (As you can see too.. Claire is enjoying this demonstration).


Step 5: Get ready a nice hot/warm cuppa of Milo, Coffee, Lipton Tea with Milk..hot chocolate...whatever your preference but we settled for Milo this round.



Step 6: Dunk your TimTam into the cuppa (Btw, Claire.. I think you looked cute in this pic!)


Step 7: From one of the bitten ends of the Timtam, start sucking it as though the timtam is a straw when its dunked into the cuppa. See Claire's demonstration below:

Suck the Timtam until you can drink the milo and the timtam starts to melt from the heat of the drink going through the timtam..see below.


Step 8: Quickly pop the semi melted timtam in ur mouth because the biscuit in it has sortof melted and may break easily.


And...Voila!! you'll get this result:

Claire says "Mmmm... Thumbs Up!"
Daniel..another happy Timtam slammer

P U R E * S A T I S F A C T I O N* Go try it!! It's worth it and it's fun!! Lol...

Later on in the afternoon... Ms. Corporate Power Dressing (haha.. but U do look great in ur dressing, babe!) - Karine walked passed my desk and passed me some nice gifts.. awwwww... she spoils us... See the gifts! So sweet of her!! This girl is always thinking of others and always shares her food whenever she buys anything! I tell u she is extinct not cos she shares her food la.. but she thinks of others first and shares her happiness.... :)


And as I was catching up with Karine, I glanced at my desk and I realised that I have more toys, pics, stuff on my desk now then before...

Oh well..... I'll clear up my stuff when I have the time.. cos now so busy cos have to cover Sandi while she enjoys her vacation down under....So there you go... hope you'll enjoy ur coming weekend and now u know whats a timtam slam!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your desk is so nice and personalized! Alas... I will never have a desk like that as there are now 2 other people cramped with me in the same amount of desk space that you have. :P

Gabster said...

yah.. my desk is so sterilised.. its empty most of the time.. haha..

how come u're not the one doing the demo since u're the owner of the blog? hehe.. sure know how to enjoy ur food huh.. :P

Prisca said...

>Didi: Hahaha... thank you but the pics that I'm in weren't from my camera. Btw.. I saw the pink motorola razr... bleh.. haha.. Hope ur weekend's good too..

>inky: Wah... 2 other people? Can't imagine. But maybe cos iT line don't need much desk space since all work done on comp? hehe.. But then again... on cold office days... you guys won't feel chilly when the aircon blows down on ya.. body warm mah..heheh..

>gabster: decorate ur desk la.. my desk is personalised so that I will feel very at home and also to ease my stress at work when drafting emails that require alot of brain juice. heheh. Somehow.. it also makes me happier to come to work. Owner of the blog doesn't mean I have to do the demo mah...besides.. I think Claire does a wonderful timtam slam demonstration.Of cos have to know how to enjoy my food.. then might as well don't put into my mouth if not enjoyable! hahaha

Anonymous said...

The first word that came to my mind when i saw the whole demo was "gross"..and u gals really know how to enjoy ur food. This is smthg which I will nvr think of. LoL!! Gross great job!!

Prisca said...

>Serene: Why gross? Hehehe.. YUMMY leh... not we think of wan.. is actually how the Aussies eat TimTams and we tried to do it.. lol.. Char bor... for a second I had to pause if the message was from you.. never leave name! heheh.. :P