Friday, December 16, 2005

2 Weeks Before Christmas

Gonna blog the entire week's events and stuff in a single entry here...so please go grab ur popcorn, ur refreshments and drinks or go pee break first ... hahahaha .... cos I lazy la..... wanna blog one shot at a go. :) Pardon moi~ ya?

Monday: Came into work feeling a little sad. Cos I'll be shifting out of the nice fishtank of my office and will miss my working neighbours since I will be going onto a new account. So I have to sit near my new team.. which isn't too bad ... just that I've grown accustomed to having a wall to hang my 'art gallery'.. hahahhaa..Yan helped me to shift my stuff to the new desk... Thanks Yan! And here I am with a new account, new team, new policies to learn and I think this is a good start for the new year also. I thank God for being faithful to me.... for giving me this account to work on.

Anyway... guess where's my desk?

My new team and my new seating area...
Here's a clearer pic of my desk

*******************************************************************************************************************
Tuesday: Met up with Serene for dinner to have a mini celebration for clearing our final exams and being able to throw our grad hats high on convocation .....NEXT YEAR. haha.. I teased her by congratulating her for passing & she laughed and congratulated me back. After some shopping, we went to Republic Food Court (If memory did not fail me) @Wisma Atria. The food seems appealing but we ended up ordering Dim Sum. Lol...we had a good catching up session. I like & miss talking to Serene... she is someone that I feel very free telling about everything and anything about.. without worrying that she will pass judgement on me or anything like dat.

Strangely when I think back.. I only know her for like almost a year and yet we definitely gelled from the start. I was glad to see her and told her about some thoughts that were bugging me for sometime already. The talk was good.....Babe, if you're reading this.. I wish we have classes sometimes cos now without classes..we cannot doodle and laugh during lectures. Hahaha..
*********************************************************************************************************************
Wednesday: Yahoo email account was quite flooded with emails about a birthday party surprise we were planning for Ink on the coming Friday for his birthday and I was cracking my head for a good sabotage. And that was Wednesday.

Thursday: Frankly..I can't remember.. Hehehehe..
*********************************************************************************************************************
Friday: Finally!! Received nice chocolates from the new account's vendor.. very nice & pretty.. rembrandt art...classy.

The weekend hits and the party that we planned for so long is going to materialise. So at 6:15pm I was happily shutting down my comp when I received a call from Ty at about 6:20pmish that the birthday boy Ink has to work OT until goodness knows when. UURRGgghHHH.... The phrase "man proposes.. God disposes" came to my mind! Quickly prayed and seek divine intervention!!

Anyway to cut things short... we headed over to Ink's and while waiting for him to come home we blew balloons.. drew on it and took group pics and sang a Happy Birthday "MTV" to send to Ink since he was at work still at that time.

Ming printed some of these nice looking fonts and pasted in Ink's study room to decorate the place:


Check out the ballons that Organiser Ming bought..

Cute right?

From:

To:

By our creative Reina...look like powerpuff girls not? hee hee..

More balloons:

(Balloon portrait of Irving? Hehehe)
Balloons galore!


Me & my lemon boy balloon:


Funny face group shot:


When we got round that Birthday boy is back .. we spring a surprise on him cos he thought we have all gone home already and then we sang a nice birthday song that Ming composed and proceeded to cake cutting. The cake is sooooo Ink!


After cake cutting or was it before? (My memory is running short this week man... too tired from the so many things to do) I recited the poem I came up with for Ink (after CS, Ming & Merv reviewed..heheh). Some of you have asked me to post the poem here and so I will:
Our Care Leader
A great leader is one where people can approach...
One who never fails to adorn a smile.
One who takes time to also crack small jokes.
And one who's never hostile.

Many a time, he is tired & exhausted,
And eventhough sometimes we rebel,
That didn't stop him from caring..
To ensure that we are all well

It's tough following-up with everyone
When the group is more than twelve
Don't know how he did it...
When he doesn't even have time for himself
We're blessed with a leader & brother in Christ
Who never fails to encourage and give us good advice

A caregroup was started this year in March
and you were a leader anew...
Almost a year has gone by now
and we look back to review
From strangers to friends to a knitted family...
The caregroup is where it is today...
all because of you.


After that was the SABO!!! So knowing how Ink is very well read... we decided to give him TRIVIA with a twist of cos.. hehehe. Every wrong question he answered his fingernail would have to be painted! Hehe.. and of cos.... I set the answers.. which means... whatever multiple choice answers he picked are the wrong answers. Hahahah..The right ones have been removed. Hahah.. and luckily knowing how smart our CL is... I prepared another TRIVIA qns on capitals of the world as Ink quickly found out that the 1st set of trivia qns have been doctored. Hahahaha..

Here are some pics:
Ink cracking his head to think on the capitals of the world..

Saboed!! Ming happily painting Ink's nails.

All Pink!! Cos we picked all the hardest countries for Ink to guess the country's capitals..

Still at it! hahaha..

We were laughing hard at this picture because the head of the ballon deflated and it looks like a character in Beetlejuice. Lol.


Ink as Lemon Boy:

Say Cheese!!! Hahahhaa..

And finally! Group pictures with the birthday boy in it:

okie... I specially cropped out Wee Leong's face cos it's super farnieeeeeee!

Never seen Wee Leong's face like dat before.. ahahahaha...
Another group shot.... hehehe


After the group shots we headed down to Geylang for Ink's dinner (Us supper)... the party was well planned by Ming and everyone coordinated well.. it was fun seeing Ink shocked when we sprint the surprise on him. Think I'm gonna be soOooooooo dead when it comes to my birthday next year.. I suspect my dear CL will wanna get "even" or more than even on the sabos.... hahahahhhaa....

















14 comments:

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

If you ever have the chance, go see Rembrandt's 'The Night Watchmen' in Amsterdam. Images online and in books cannot do that piece justice.

The huge piece is staggering when viewed in real life. It's an oil painting. The printed media is simply lacking when it comes to the reproduction of this masterpiece.

Prisca said...

>C.S.C: Heard of 'The Night Watchmen' before but did not manage to get a glimpse of it when I was in Amsterdam this year though. Hopefully my next Europe vacation if possible!

Gabster said...

many things u have, must be one major shift! hehe

The bday surprise look so fun!!... and i missed it!!!! sob sob.. hee..

Tiger said...

beat me to it.. not fair .. haha..

Amleth said...

wah! your desk is super-exposed leh. better don't let your boss catch you MSN-ing. hahaha.

what a nice birthday party!! i would have loved to paint some feminine designs on irving's fingers! too bad i missed it! sob!

Prisca said...

>gabster: Alot meh? Only photos, dried bouquet of flowers, my toys, my europe sovenirs, files, my "mini art gallery", etc, etc, hahahahahahahaha.... contradiction for women..lol Nope.. wasn't a major shift.. was pretty fast in fact! U aren't the only one who missed it. Amleth too! Hahaha.

>Didi: Thanks for asking & ur wwell wishes... dun worry, it's gone for sure! Week's been tiring actually.. hope its treating you better over at ur end. Cheers!

>Tiger: Well...you may have the last "laugh" if you blog after Ink since I beat you to blogging this post.. ;P

>Amleth: It's alright... my desk is pretty nice actually.. not that exposed but the air-con duct is right above me... *shiver!* Hey!! Don't give Ink ideas on feminine designs on nails k... dun forget ur coming up pretty soon next year!!

Prisca said...

>Amleth: Ur birthday I mean

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaaaaaah... what nice pics!!! Really captures what a memorable night it was! Hehe... yeah, I must admit it was really well organized and I was so impressed by the poem, song and balloons!

Speaking of sabo, I wonder what would make Pris look manly!

Gabster said...

I know I know... short hair, moustache and bodybuilder body suit... hiak hiak...

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hihi,

Anyway, just in case you don't recall the piece:
http://matthewgream.net/Professional/HistoryOfArt/image.jpg

The real thing is life-sized. An amazingly striking piece. You won't miss it if you were there.

Amsterdam! Wow! Lucky you! I would love to be in your place!

I need to plan to visit Europe again.

Prisca said...

>Inky: Glad that you were impressed! That's what we wanted! :P
Wah lau!! *Protests* I was TAKED with sabo .. read Ming's blog. So he is the mastermind mah... I was just executing a task assigned to me. hahahahaa..this is call 'Taiji' in mandarin. :P

>Gabster: Short hair? You guys wanna cut my hair on my birthday? I dun mind actually.. since I need a haircut. Shoulder length please. Moustache? No kick ... how about beard? I would like to have a goatee if possible. hehehe... Bring it on! :P I can foresee I will be overseas next year on my birthday..

>C.S.C: Thanks for the website. It looks nice. A tad small to imagine the life size wan though but I'm guessing it should be magnificent in reality. Most rembrandts do! =)
*nods* Yup.. I am indeed lucky to be able to go to Amsterdam this year. It was a blessing! Should really make ur plans to Europe concrete if possible...one of those things to do in ur lifetime! :)

Prisca said...

>Inky: Typo.. I meant to say I was TASKED...missing "S"... huge difference.. lol

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... it seems our dear sister is unfazed by the thought of extra facial hair! This is a tough one!

Amleth: Do you still have them oats???

Hahahaha...

Anyway, yah, I was trully trully impressed by the bday celebration! I forgot to mention about the video too. I've been watching it over and over a few times this week and it just warms my heart to see you all singing Happy Birthday to me with those cute balloons! If anyone ever asks me how I can love a God whom I can't see, I will answer them that I do see God and I see His love reflected through the lives and actions of His sheep! Heeeee...

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

You were there this year! I am envious!

I will make plans. There are still many places in Europe which I have not been to. Prague, Budapest, Athens, Barcelona, etc. Quite a few really.

I have hiked quite a bit in the Pennines, Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, etc. I have thoughts of hiking in the Southern Alpines (Italy, Po Valley...). I would have to plan.

The last time I was in Europe was about three or so years ago. My first real vacation in about 8 years of work.


I must plan another trip to the National Gallery in London. And the gallaries in Paris, Madrid and Barcelona.