Sunday, December 04, 2005

Anxious but a good weekend nevertheless...

Anxiety: A state of uneasiness and apprehension, as about future uncertainties.
That's how I am feeling exactly as the week begins. Exam results are out this week. Pre-examination school slip stated 7th December is the date that results are out. Some uni-mates say its 5th instead of 7th and others say 6th. Think I'll wait for the student portal to send an alert to my personal email that my results are out.
This will determine if I get to graduate or not. Gosh.... am in shambles...
<<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>><<.>>


Aside from my shambles...... I had a good weekend... Physically.. I was stretched cos been doing alot of stuff that I have not been having enough time to charge my battery. But as Merv said.. Tis the season to give so... I shouldn't gripe.
Here are some pics that I took last Sunday:
L-R: Irving, Junming, Me, Tze Yee
Red with red, blue with blue.
Shepherd with Sheep, Sheep with Shepherd.


After lunch, Merv, CS, Adeline & I headed down to Clarke Quay with intentions to play boardgames at Settler's Cafe. On our way there, I decided to snap more pics.. lol..
Nearing Shenton way the business district of Singapore as we approach Settler's Cafe.
Passed the Speaker's Corner and decided to take a pic of the stage
cos it looks like a scallop shell and looks vaguely similar to the stage at Botanical
Gardens for those of you who have went to Botanical Gardens before.. you'll know what I mean.
Adeline & I while walking towards Settler's..


Alas, Settler's Cafe was full house.. thus we went to Boat Quay Coffee Bean to meet Meng Chong.
*Fast forward.....skip skip skip....*
Afterwhich we went to Raffles City Shopping Mall. Whipped out my 'baby' and decided to take a pic of the nice blue sky against Swissotel.
How often can you get to enjoy such nice skies in Singapore? hehe. .
Anyway we were to meet Meng Chong at Raffles City Shopping Mall as well to help him with the photoshoot for HopeVision.


We went for drinks after the shoot cos I was feeling dehydrated...This is taken at Gelare Citilink.
Mervyn & Chang Shiung .. I like this pic very much. Why? Simple.. cos I am the photographer! Waahahhaha... Lol..
Me & Adeline.. BTW.. in case you are wondering why I am wearing a "76" Tee.
This is because the Tee ran out of the right size for "79" and the rest of the colours were blehh..So since I like the cutting and the colours.. that's why I bought the top.
The boys and I.


After drinks... we got hungry.. not very but hungry enough for a light dinner.
So we proceeded to Cafe Cartel and this was my dinner:
Chicken Chief Salad with a nice blueish drink.. can't recall what the drink's original name was. Yummy isn't it? hehehe..
That was my Sunday. Anyway Merv, took a pic of me on his cam.. and I like this pic..
People.. focus on me in this pic okie.... not on the guy with center parting hair to my left. Hehehe... Lol.

Sigh... back to a reality of Shambles until my results are out.

8 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

i luurrvvee that last picture.

*sigh* it's so beaaaoootifuulll

my photography rawks!

lol! vanity. where forth are thy sting

Gabster said...

you all were at Raffles City??? never go up to the 4th floor, I was there helping in the dancing competition!! haiya...

btw, nice pics.. seems like u all walked quite a distance.. must be some exercise!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, candid shots are the best! I have to start taking more candid shots from now on... starting with me! Yes, vanity...

Tiger said...

haha.. merv's site got alot of ppl say you leng lui leh.. haha.. :)

how true, how true. Still say u not noticed?

Prisca said...

>Merv: Yup... ur photography rocks for sure.. Ink says so, Gab says so, a few of my friends says so. Okie..That's it. Japan trip .. u can forget about taking Mt. Fuji and whatever scenic stuff.. Ur job is just to take LOTS of SHOTS of US. Hahahahaha.... Yay!

>gabster: Yup we were there. We "knew" u were there .. that's why purposely don't wanna go up to 4th floor... Hahahahahah... Just kiddin la.. if we knew.. we would have went immed. We saw a couple who look like dancers and even debated if ur dance thingy was held there.

Ya.. walked quite a bit..

>Didi: Nice ya? Singapore is the next "BIG" thing.. Hahaha.. lol.. who am I kiddin? Can we trade? U in Singapore and me in Blighty. Hahah..I passed my exams!! Yay! Thanks for the prayers!

>Inky: Okie, get Merv to take ur candid shots? Cos he need to practice for Japan also.. so good la.. can start with you.. I also can start with U.. using my new 'baby'. Hehehe..

>Tiger: *blush* hee hee... ijit?ijit? *giggles* The noticed part..mm...mmm... u know what I mean la.. hehhe

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Settlers Cafe. I haven't been there in a few years. I was there once when Colin Lim first opened the joint. He was asking for recommendations for German games then.

I guess in 2003, I used to play a lot of German games then. We used to have a group that played at Sommerville Park. We had a list of 40 people. And our boardgame sessions would have between 8 to 25 people. Well, those days are long gone. Today, we play occasionally.

Have you been to Oasis and Mind Cafe? They are also boardgame cafes. Oasis is at Liang Seah Street. Oasis is closing down in two weeks' time. Mind Cafe is at Prinsep Street. I have been to the two of them too.

Prisca said...

>C.S.C: Boardgame sessions for 8-25? Woah! Must have been fun. Nope, never been to Oasis or Mind Cafe but my colleagues are heading there tonight apparently.. Mind Cafe that is. Is Oasis closing for good or renovation? Wanna know if they're gonna sell their games if they're closing for good. Lol.

Chuang Shyue Chou said...

Hihi Prisca, Oasis is closing down for good when the lease runs out. It's a one-man show apparently. The owner is tired. It's funny. You're the second person who has asked me this question about buying over the boardgames. I don't know, perhaps, if you give Oasis a call or go over and ask?

I have been to Oasis once and I have walked by the cafe a few times and talked to the proprietor.

Yeah, there was many many people playing then. I hosted large sessions for a period at my place. That was when it was reaching 25 or more people. I guess I could have hosted more but I didn't want my family members disturbed. The other venues we used were Sommerville Park (the person hosting has since moved), NUS Guildhouse, NUS classrooms, Civil Service Club, PI (Fat Boy's), Keppel Club, and normal cafes.

We never did use any of the boardgames cafes because I guess a lot of us didn't want to pay the outrageous charges (and the group includes doctors, lawyers, lecturers and more).

I was a lot more active then.

My boardgame profile:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/shyuechou

My games (It's not complete as I haven't updated it for a year or so):
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/viewcollection.php3?username=shyuechou&own=1&startletter=ALL