Monday, January 31, 2005

Ice Maiden's Gonna Miss Kirsten

At lunch today, we were having lunch when don't know why my colleagues started talking about me.. in front of me.. to my face. When I was happily eating my garlic naan and savouring the naan. My colleague, Yan started saying 'eh Pris, if you dun smile.. you like an ice maiden.. VERY intimidating..when I first saw you.. I thought this gal is way too cool..cool as in don't smile, look fierce, no nonsense.. extremely DAO (arrogant)'. *Pris squints her eyes at Yan..GgggRrrr...* Then of cos being Yan, he had to disturb me even further.. 'You know before I got transferred to this department, my previous department the people always curious about you, talking about you and saying you look too DAO and no one dares to say hi, you got a nice smile.. should smile regularly..'

Regularly? I laughed..and choked on my nann and told Yan.. 'Siao ar you.. I can't possibly smile 24/7.. and I am not obligated to smile always leh!Orh!!!! So you guys have been gossiping behind my back waaay before you join us..hahaha' Then Noriza said.. 'Yah Pris, when I first saw you.. I thought you were like an ice maiden too..but when I got to know you better then I know you are not.. but when you are quiet.. you are very quiet hor' Hmmm... maybe I should smile more often? Tiring leh..
Will my smile devalue if I smile too often? Haha.. I am obviously not making much sense here. Perhaps too stressed up.
After work, met up with Kirsten, Cheryl and Sandy. Cheryl's cut her hair even shorter and 2nd friend of mine who have gone redhead. Kirsten's going back soon to Tasmania and I will really miss her very much. Half a year we did not meet and so much changes happened between both of us. Kirsten's my best bud.. childhood since primary school till now. We watched each other grow up.. we watched each other go through all kinds of changes.. years passed and we still love each other and care for each other very much. Last year, she wrote me an email to encourage me that I was so touched that I broke down crying (in the office) and she taught me how to bake my apple crumble, how to make dumplings, and some other dishes.. what did I taught her? I have no idea.. and I wouldn't dare say that I taught her anything. We talked and agreed that within the last 6 months of seeing each other.. so many things happen to the both of us and now that she will only return about 10months later.. I felt lost.. felt alittle overwhelming..like there's still so much we got to catch up with each other. We both felt that we are all growing up too fast.. and how much we'll miss each other. I dun know what else or what other major changes will take place in 10 months time or till I next see her again, but I do know that I will miss her sorely. Be it 10 months or less or more, she will be someone close and dear to me..always.

4 comments:

Paul said...

yeah, Pris is a snob... (so I thought when I first met her) but she's ok... anyway, if you want to put a shameless plug for my xanga site, it's www.xanga.com/paulwsk.

Prisca said...

Hahah... really? U thought I was a snob? I thought I was being friendly with you and Aaron already. Aww.... *pris heart shatters* hahaha.. okie.. will put your shameless plug on my blog. *kiddin about the shameless.* - Prisca

Alvin said...

It's nice to have such great friends around you. I haven't got time to meet up with my friends actually. Its work work work for me geez....

Prisca said...

friends are important! Must keep in contact with them!work is only 1 aspect of our life.. soOo..start smsing ur friends!