Sunday, January 30, 2005

Wonderful Sunday at Ah Me's Birthday Bash!

After church today, I went shopping.. wanted to shop for my CNY stuff but the shop I wanna buy my stuff at was closed.. >_<
So I went to Heeren ..walked around and bought myself a nice girly pink pair of rubber flip flops..
http://www.havaianas.com/index.asp (Really cool & comfy!! check them out!!) -> wonder if they will pay me some commission or sponsor me some flipflops of my choice for helping them to advertise.
Went to my eldest aunty's birthday tonight. Didn't know that family gatherings could turn out to be so fun! My eldest aunty (mum's eldest sis, my mummy is no. 2 in the family) and I call her Ah-me.. why? Cos when I was younger, my elder cousins (Faye-jie & Ian kor = I am used to calling them jie jie and kor kor) always call their mum - Mee..Mee..(Shortform for Mummy) and they call their dad (Dee..u get the picture) So when I was very young.. I also called their parents Mee and Dee..and they laughed cos I became their 'child' by calling them wrongly. So now.. it got stuck.. I have been calling my eldest aunty and uncle-in-law Ah Me & Ah Dee. Had really lots of fun with my uncles and aunties and cousins..And its great to see my beloved granny after so long. The strange thing is.. I was sitting at the table for so long and my relatives keep asking my mummy "where is Ah - Mei?" (OKIE!!! DUN U DARE LAUGH COS I AM CALLED THAT SINCE I USED TO BE THE YOUNGEST FOR A LONG TIME TILL MY LITTLE COUSINS POP OUT AFTER ME) And my mummy pointed to me and all of them said couldn't recognise me.. ???? When I came into the restuarant, I called everyone!! Strange.. -.-???
Anyway, will TRY to see if I can post any pics up.. cos no one brought their digital cam.. and the only camera was a manual non-digital cam. SOOO happy.. I lurrve family gatherings..

1 comment:

Prisca said...

PRISCA SAYS: I forgot to add to my blog that I recommend EVERYONE get themselves a pair of Havaianas... they are sooOoo.. comfy and stylo milo.. ! Dun blame me if you dun like it. Hahaha