Saturday, May 28, 2005

Fun = Aching (?)

Had a good Saturday. Went bladding again. (Yesss.. I know.. I am addicted!) Supposed to meet Claire & Geir as well to blade, but they would only meet us later. Yan and I were early when we got to East Coast Park again to blade (LiFen couldn't make it.. so only Yan & I.. once more.. I say.. Thanks for fetching me, Yan!), we decided to rent our blades from another shop. The rates are much cheaper, $6 = 2 hours, last week's rental from another shop was $10 per hour.


BUT the minute, I put on my blades.. I felt it was as if it had no friction at all and I was petrified. Yes. The word was petrified (+paranoid that I will end up in the sea cos the sea was just in front of the blades rental shop..)
Blade as usual and when I went to the SAME hump that (per my last entry I nearly fell.. thanks to Yan..) Again.. thanks to Mr. Yan Tze Shin, who was busy passing remarks to scare me before I reached that hump .. "Pris... Mt. Everest Hump... Sure U can pass it? Sure u can go pass it? Mt. Everest leh.. Rem the last time.. like last Monday? Today the rest not here to catch you.. ra ra ra ra.." Went over the hump *Eeeeeeekkss!* Wham! Landed hard on my butt. *Pris wails* Yan laughed and asked if my butt grew orchids not!!! (In mandarin, there's this saying about 'Pi Gu Kai Hua' Butt bloomed flowers from swelling..)


Rested my 'orchid' butt (skin the back of my thighs but no where else injured.. Thank God!!) for awhile.. we sat by the chairs by the beach and chat while waiting for Claire and Geir. Red Bull promotion girls on blades came pass and offered us free chilled red bulls.. hmm.. not bad.. free drink. Hehehe.. After almost an hour of resting.. continued bladding since we reckoned C&G would most probably not turned up already. Blade all the way to Old Fort Road, and blade our way back to the rental shop. Nearing Mt. Everest Hump, I declared I am not gonna fall down 4 times in a single day and took off my blades and walked barefooted back to the rental shop since it was quite near. (My birkenstocks were in the locker!) Yan joined me (He could have bladed back actually.. haha) and we were yelping from the blazking ground when walking barefooted.


After that Yan drove me to Tiong Bahru where I am supposed to meet Ink & TY and Gab & Merv for the great cookout! Went grocery shopping & I headed down to TY & Ink's with Gab when he saw me at Tiong Bahru.


We spent 3 hours in the kitchen cooking up Tandoori Chicken (Gab cooked this himself!! So Cool right? Another guy I know who is keen on cooking.. other than Paul who has potential to be a great chef.. this guy cooks DUCK can!! I am drolling at the thought of Paul's food..) And TY cooked delicious long beans, carrots & dried shrimps (I loved it!) and Broccoli Fried Rice (Yummylicious!!!) and we experimented on cooking Oyster Kailan and I cooked Stir Fry Sweet Chilli Chicken on glass noodles. So much food!!!!! But the food were tasty... I must say the Stir Fry Sweet Chilli Chicken is my FIRST ATTEMPT (and it turned out.. quite nice? U think, guys? Hahahaha fishing for compliments.. thick skin..if not, pls tell me so I can improve)

Bathed after dinner cos I was disheveled after bladding.. but TY & Gab say I dun look as if I had bladed..(Anyway check out the pics on Ink's --> http://www.pagesofink.com/) And felt so refreshed after bathing.. and we top off our dinner with Dark Chocolate & Tartufo Gelato with Alfred's Chocolate Swiss Roll Cake..* Pris feels as though she is in 7th heaven.. (Well actually yes.. cos Ink's place is on 7th floor) so nice!!! Junming joined us in time for dessert.. and we all played board games while TY & Jm played Zuma.

What a wonderful Saturday!!!! Enjoyed myself to the max though I fell 3 times and skin myself and I am aching right now like an old grandmother.. but it was all worth it.. Btw.. Gab is already thinking of what to cook on the next great cookout.. Anyone keen to join us? U can be our experimental guinea pigs if you dare.. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I survived!!! Haha... just kidding. Man, I'm thinking of the next great cookout too! I might actually join in the cooking for a change although I strongly advice everyone to bring some antacids just in case. Heh Heh... Anyway, it the rate we are going, you, TY and Gab are gonna be master chefs in no time. As for me, I'll just explode...

Gabster said...

Ink, u also cooked before, rem the lasagna we tried to heat the last time? haha
Great cookout that was
Pris can cook, so can you!
The blading sounds like fun. Sorry abt causing ur 3rd fall though... :P

Prisca said...

>didi: I know!! I read and saw ur blog entries.. Glad to hear that your last weekend in Lyon was fab! Happy to know that both of us got splendid weekends!

>Inky: Hahaha.. Yup.. U were the 'guinea pigs' that survived! And thank U so much for not only opening ur house to us, but volunteering to put ur life on the line for our cooking. Heheh..Really? U joining us in the kitchen? Excellent! It'll be fun!! But we need to recruit more guinea pigs..I mean bottomless pits.. haha

>Gabster: Ang Guppy! Heating up the lagsagne is not cooking can! hahah..No la.. it should be like what we discussed in the kitchen.. "If Gab can Cook.. Why Can't You?" Hahah.. Blading is fun and nah... it's ok .. U didn't know I was still blading when U called me.. + cos I dun know how to stop properly.

Paul said...

Pris, thanks for the kudos! heheh...

how's the butt? my butt hurts for a 12 mile hike (~ 18 km)I took last saturday during camping...

Prisca said...

Hey Paul... well.. your cooking is really good, I must say (again!) haha.

Butt is much better, thanks for asking. Wow! 18km hike, well done! I think if I were you.. my butt would have bloomed HIBISCUS for that long a hike!

Anonymous said...

I had a terrrific time cooking and learning new receipe like chicken on glass noodle. Thks Pris! Agree---we need more bottomless pitts! (TY)

Prisca said...

Hey babe!! Thanks for your message and for opening up ur kitchen to us as well. Yeah.. I had a great time learning from you as well.. I lurvve those long beans u cooked. Craving for it now.. hehe..

Yup.. we gota recruit more bottomless pits. Alfred, Merv & Ink are the fixed candidates. Haha..

Gabster said...

yah... thanks for letting us "mess" up ur kitchen.

They said our food was good right? Ask them to lure... er.. promote to more people loh... haha

Gabster said...

oh yah... forgot that irving aid u dun smell like u sweatet, and I said "xiang xiang gong zhu", i.e. Princess Fragrance... haha

Prisca said...

Gab, ya.. we gota attract, recruit & retain more bottomless pits if we intend to cook more dishes! Haha..

Oh really? haha... u guys remind me of 2 friends I have. 1 in poly, 1 from my previous church, who keeps telling me everytime they see me that I look clean & smell nice .. when in actual fact, I felt I look like a mess and smells like poo after workouts/exercises or being in the humid sun for too long..Maybe u guys got nose problems..

Gabster said...

I know why liao... ur nose is the one that sweated and smell like poo!!! thats why only u can smell that.. hahaha :P

Prisca said...

Perhaps.. Perhaps.. Perhaps..