Monday, May 23, 2005

Amazing Vesak!!

Amazing Vesak!!
Yessss!!!! I had an awesome, amazing, wonderful, fun, good, cool, great.. (ok.. U get the picture) holiday today!!!!


I truly enjoyed myself to the ultimate.


Woke up this morning (from sleeping at 2am.. lack of sleep here!!) as Yan called to say he will be at my place to pick me up in another 5mins time. *Pris Panicks.. have yet to decide what to wear, what to bring along to change, comb my hair... etc. Yes, I am a typical girl*


It was already nice of Yan to come fetch me though we were heading to East Coast Park and he is staying in the East side of Singapore. Am in Central Singapore. Sweet of him, right? ?He is Mr. Nice Guy and NOOO, I did not bully him to fetch me.. he volunteered.


Met Yan and we went to Eunos (For my didi, Khanh's sake.. its pronounced as "U-nos") to pick LiFen (*ahem*ahem* Yan is LiFen's potential.. wahaha..)


And before LiFen came, Yan & I went to had out breakfast at Eunos market since LiFen told Yan over the phone that she had a bun for breakfast already.


Afterwhich we went to the train station to pick LiFen up. I decided to sit at the back of Yan's car as I don't want LiFen to misunderstand that I am her *cough* rival.. Hahah.. U know how women are in such things. And Yan was chuckling away on how ridiculous I am for sitting at the back of the car while he drove to the station.


Reached East Coast Park and good grief!! The park was packed with lots and lots of people. Yikes! Feels as though I am in some hypermart grand sale and everyone's rushing. And oh yeah.. the weather was so humid and excruciatingly warm... less than 10 steps from the car and I felt myself melting.


Saw Claire and her beau Geir (He is getting taller??? Nah.. I think cos I am not wearing heels as compared to the usual times from office I saw Geir).


I was about to rent a bike to cycle when LiFen asked me if I would be roller blading.


*Gulps* Me? Erm.. I told LiFen that I do not know how to blade at all.
LiFen: Try La..
Pris: Erm.. I wearing shorts.. later I fall.. very malu (Embarrassing in malay?) and I dun wanna skin my legs..
LiFen: Can la... I also can't skate previously then learn already now can.. Try La..
Yan: Yah la.. Pris, try leh. U try..I try..
Pris: *Double gulps* Errrrr....
Yan & LiFen: Yah.. try la.. Pris.. C'mon.
LiFen: I am a slow skater.. I won't go far. Besides, Yan isn't fast anyway.
Pris: Riiight.
Claire & Geir: Are you bladding, Pris?
Pris: Ermm.. alright. Ok, I'll give it a shot.
LiFen: Yay!! You can hold onto Yan's hands and blade.
Pris eyes widen: Crazy!! Never!!!


So yes, instead of cycling. I went roller blading today. Rented a pair of skates and was wearing the necessary protective gears and the skates and surprisingly to myself, I was able to stand on my own. LiFen was sweet.


She held my hand, taught me how to blade for the next 15-20 mins and then she let go of me to let me blade on my own. Claire and Geir were the experts in roller blading, they zoomed passed with Noriza and Noriza's friend; June Ong on their bicycles.


Yan, LiFen and I were blading slowly. Yan & LiFen were nice as they orbited around me like a satelite to ensure I was fine. I did had a few (well more than a few) times I nearly fell and screamed for help..but Thank God I didn't fall.


LiFen taught me to manage my balance and to go over humps and because I had a wonderful and patient teacher, I was able to blade on my own throughout the rest of the rented time of almost 2 hours?


To the last part, when we were returning to the roller blades rental and there was this 1 hump, I was trying to get across but 'rolled back' and Yan tried to grab me but he himself had difficulty going over the hump and he let go of my hand..which is fine..
BUT he pushed me away as he himself was balancing and cos of his push, I nearly fell backwards... luckily for me.. Claire caught me from the back, I was about to fall though cos I lost my balance on my blades and LiFen tried to hold me but it made me lose my balance more and in the end, Geir and Claire had to catch hold of me as Geir lifted me up. Thanks, you guys!!!


*PHEW!!!* Thank God once more that I never fall and YAN TZE SHIN!!! U PUSHED ME LA.. IF I FALL BACKWARDS and LAND ON MY HEAD... U GOT ALOT OF PEOPLE TO ANSWER TOO!!! hahahaha.. *Trying to send him on guilty trip.. though he doesn't read my blog.. hahah.. will send it to him.. hahah*


At the rental, there was again another slope, the guy at the rental was nice, he pulled me up and I was busy chanting to him "Dun let go.. dun let go.. plsplspls... its a slope" And he was saying "Dun worry, I wont. I wont. " And he helped me took out my skates later.
When Yan saw that, what he say?
Yan: Wahh... Pris.. U got chance liao
Pris: Are you crazy???
Yan: He helped U up the slope, take off ur skates for you... how come he never take out for others?
Pris: So? He was being nice and I am not a cradle snatcher.. he is very young and doesn't mean I must marry him what. Lost your marbles ar?!
Yan sniggers.. Pris goes >.<


Too bad no pics.. if not it was really fun. We chilled out at Macdonald's at the open air area.. had our drinks, chat, and it started to rain. Dun know why, at that moment I felt as though all of us were in some cafe in Europe or out of Singapore and chilling out and having fun. Nice!


After that, Mr. Nice Yan sent me to Dhoby Ghaut MRT to meet my churchmates for Timothy class at KC's. LiFen and him went to plaza sing for lunch as well. *Hee hee... *


K.C's place was amazingly white in decor... his fluffy dog was also white and really resembled a Cotton ball .. his name is Cotton.


Cute, but I am not an animal lover.


After Timothy Class, we walked around here and there looking for a place for dinner. Finally settled at Funan and Gab pointed out that we walked for an hour already. (I was thinking in my head.. Yay!! More exercise!!! hahaha)


Anyway, I think I got hooked on bladding. Quite fun. Thinking of getting a pair of blades now after my Eurotrip and go bladding with these folks for it has been fun. Hmmm... blades? Yes.. I think I will!! Living in Singapore has another meaning now.. Another activity that I am keen. Hehe.


Came back home, bathed and felt sooooOo good.. refreshed, not sticky from today's exercise and humidity, and text didi to tell him my Amazing Vesak day today. Hehe.. Came online and he was also online. Cool. This is indeed a great day! Praise God!


11 comments:

Prisca said...

I wasn't a light bulb nor a stadium light ok!! I keep asking them to blade away from me.. hahaha.. Yah la.. Yan pushed me cos he was trying to save himself.. U still rub it in!!!! UUrrggh..

Really? Can arrange for me? WooO.. cool.. looking forward. Apparently my friends in Germany said they have yet to get the tix to london cos prices are a tad steep now.

BTW.. i am STARTING to ache. Heheh.. I like!

Jon Tan said...

Great that u r learning blading... in fact, we used to blade at east coast... karen, SG, Desmond, Faye and a couple more...

u know what, blading is karen's outreach to me when i first know her. juz realized 2 weeks ago, while chatting wif desmond, that he bought a new blades during "that" time in order to reach out to me through blading... SO TOUCHED! Their efforts paid off...

Now thinking back those times, I am DEPRESSED! Coz I missed them so much! Now in a totally new CG, and none blades... *SOB*SOB... (When the day comes, I will certainly ask Jesus, why HE wants to re-shuffle the old CG men! Haiz...)

Nway, KC is my Shepherd now, and every Fri our CG is at his place... hehe envious right? Well i guess can't be better than INK la, u guys got 3-4 guitars and I heard that they had juz acquired a "piano"? COOLZ men! Want to upgrade from CG to "Home Church" ar? keke... =p

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon, yeah I just went for bladding again!! This time..I fell down 3 times and (luckily on my bum) but I did skin the back of my left thigh.. :(

I doubt I can catch up with either of you if you guys blade with me.. I am very SLOW!. And I am afraid of humps.

I hope you are ok now from being depress, time is too precious to be depress.. hehe.. though we go through bouts of that quite alot sometimes. And Yes!! Their efforts paid off.. I will never forget how you shared Noah with me.. :)

U can still ask the rest out for bladding.. I dun mind if U can tahan 1. my screaming when I go over humps, 2. me being slow. hehe

There's a reason why we're call "Island Hope" heheh... we can't tell you our 5 years plan.. heheh.. - PRISCA

Jon Tan said...

Hey, Guess what?! I was at East Coast with Karen and SG yesterday!!! How come never see u?

We went from Mac to Fort Road then to Mac for a break then to Bedok Jetty then back to Mac for dinner... Met Elaine for dinner juz now and she told me that u were at East Coast yesterday too..."Secret Training" ar? ;p

Nway, learn fast fast ok, then can bring you around from Fort Road to Jetty... keke... and we can have sugar cane juice or coconut juice at the hawker near jetty! Yummpy! =)

Prisca said...

Issssitt? What time? I also never see you (Luckily!! If not you would have perhaps seen me falling down..) hehe..Was there from 1pm till about 4pm. U?

Hahaha... secret training? Nah... Just addicted (at the moment to bladding). Huh? I dun know how to stop.. plus I have 0 experience going up or down slopes.. and I know the road from Mac to Bedok Jetty are full of those... *Scared!* Plus I am a slow blader/bladist? Haha..

Jon Tan said...

tip: the first lesson to blading is to learn how to fall... chim rite? is like guys learning teakwando... how to "break" fall gracefully... keke... only when u overcome the falling part then u have no fear in blading faster wat... doh?!

nway we were there at 5 plus... haha perhaps u hav already gone home to apply medicated oil...

slope? no problem... once u can blade faster on the flat ground, autmatically the speed can bring u over the slope without u doing anything... just maintain ur balance will do... simple right? lol

GREAT, now we can continue our "blading" evangelism with more ppl now... heee =)

Prisca said...

Overcome the falling part???!!?!! *Gulps*

Nope.. I went to Ink's & Ty's for cookout after that.. never put medicated oil on my flower bum (pi gu kai hua)..

Slopes...Simple? Huh? Er... *Gulps*Gulps* I dun know how to stop.. :( Well yeah... its a good idea.. bladding evangelism.. but till then.. let my flowery bum recover.. and my wrist recover too.. its aching.. I dun wanna go to Europe in 2 pieces.

Jon Tan said...

i believe u hav knee pads, elbow pads and hand guard right? besides protection, those are for u to "break fall" la... no pain no gain! lol

europe? guess wat, inline skating is very popular over there... and they skate on roads! COolzzz!

if im not wrong they even have a "skating day" where thousands would join in and skate around the city men... juz like our New Paper Big Walk... =)

Yes! Inline Skating Rockz!!! the next best thing to do other than blogging... and pool... hehee...

Prisca said...

Yeah but I keep landing on my butt.. there's no butt guard! My colleague say the right way is to fall in front.. like on my hands.. than on my butt cos it may injure the spine..

Sounds cool.. but this week.. perhaps I'll take a break and play badminton instead. Wanna join us? I have a craving for exercise recently.. & while this feeling lasts.. I better make use of it.. haha

Jon Tan said...

from wat u hav said, perhaps is your posture during skating... r u always leaning forward? if so u should fall in front lor...

ask someone to giv u feedback on ur posture the next time u skate lor...

badminton? haha my office here got a badminton court ley... but not tis week. its my elder bro's wedding... im the BEST MAN! =)

Prisca said...

Oh yah.. forgot ur work place got badminton court AND swimming pool! Okie, enjoy being the best man and take lotsa pics to share!! (Though not ur wedding la..hahah)