Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th...

Friday, 13th May 2005. *Ta ta ta dum!!!!!* Rabbit's foot? Lucky charm? 4 leaf clover? Don't walk under ladder cos of bad luck? Anything that will go wrong will go even more wrong (? what am I talking about?!) on Friday the freaky, weird 13th?


Well.. sorry to disapppoint all of you .. my sweet ardent fans. I did not have a freaky, weird or 'everything went wrong' Friday. In fact, I had a S*U*P*E*R*B Friday everrrrrrrrr!! *Ahem clears throat.. ready for a long blog? No? Too bad for u.. I am.. Wahahahah*


Started my Friday at work (well I was late.. ) at 920pm (*everyone GASPPP!!*) okie thats not the point here, I went to work as usual.. switched on my comp and while it was loading.. I was spreading my peanut butter and jelly (what flavour? Grape!) on my hi-fibre white Gardenia bread (and this is where u goooo.. "like we care!!! just trying to make u guys picture my sandwich..) and was chanting under my breathe "pls not too many emails.. pls.. not too many emails" (I am covering for my supervisor, Lien who was away in Hong Kong.. *envious*) .


I was chanting and hoping I wont get alot of emails cos I wanna leave early and on time today for CG as I was one of the discussion leader for today's CG lesson and I was excited to serve God. When I saw my emails I was like .. hmm.. quite a lot.. but to cut grandma's story short.. the Lord was magnificent.. cos I managed to clear my emails (including those emails that I was finding out the answers to reply the expatriates.) down to .....*drum rolls* only 4 emails in my inbox.. ANDDDDDDDD taking into account the following considerations:
1. I was late for work.. so I started late.
2. I had quite a few calls today and I had not much time to reply emails
3. Grahame called a last minute dept. meeting to announced that Dom was leaving this weekend cos client wants him urgently back in London. So he had to fly this weekend and it meant this would be the last friday, we will see him. Though he is not my in-charge and we do not work on the same client.. Dom has been nice enough to buy us spinelli's coffees or teas on him most times he went for his teabreak (He's brit. no offence to u, didi!!)
4. We had another dept. meeting to have cakes as a farewell for Dom.
5. I went to Wisma Atria for lunch with colleagues and came back to work at 2pm... I know.. my bad!


*All of the above just sums up one thing: time wastage and YET, the almighty helped me clear my emails and work..* How?? Well.. I had a few calls.. from HR and though it meant that I would not be able to read and reply to emails and activate services for assignees, I got confirmations from HRs and with the answers and confirmations, I could reply the expatriates.. in which results in my emails diminishing from my inbox folder to archive.


One thing I wanted to mention was that .... Dom was really nice. As mentioned that this was his last day here in Singapore, he went around asking all of us if we wanted coffee..when it came to me.. I said can I? He said Sure! And asked me what I wanted.. told him Skinny latte (my fave..take note u guys!!haha) and asked what size I would prefer for my skinny latte. I said small and he said small was for kids and said he will order medium for me. When he returned.. He got me a LARGE cup and was nice enough to ask me if it was alright for me..if I can handle it.. if it was too much.. *Feels like a princess at this moment..* hahahaha.... I know.. I am spoilt by alot of people.. but I am not that spoilt la.. (am i?) Anyway.. i think its really sweet of Dom to have done that for all of us and I noticed that the rest had.. er.. Medium size cups? *Pris felt blessed*

*fast forward*


The day soon ended and I headed to TY & Ink's for CG. Arrived on the dot (according to my watch) and Weeleong was the chairperson.. he was a hilarious chairperson.. not in a goof up manner.. in a well done yet mischeivious manner.. Merv was the worship leader this round and I enjoyed his praise and worship.. Reina was in charge of holy communion and she never fails to amaze me .. her holy communion was cool.. like a pro. After that, we acted out a skit of one of the bible chracters - Jonah..We were picking names from a bag to determine who played what character and guess who was King of Nineveh??? No bonus points if u said Pris Tham ....
It was fun and after which I had my first discussion ever!!! Thank God that it was an in depth sharing.


Sis Ty said last night when we were running through the leader's notes to help discussion leaders that the first person you pick to answer or share the experience would set the depth of the discussion.. the members in my group were busy and did not had time to do their CG homework..but praise God.. (now that I am blogging and recalling back..it suddenly dawned on me) when I asked them to share on their experiences and everything.. they were quite shy so I started sharing first and the discussion and study on Jonah soon led to an in-depth sharing and learning as well. I am indeed thankful and encouraged by what was shared by the members in my group.. Yixi, Reina & Alfred.

Alfred was appointed to close the discussion in prayer and I was touched that he prayed for me and said that the discussion and sharing was in-depth.. actually right now as I blogged..
I still worry if the discussion was applicabel to them and if it was how God wanted it to be.. but I just give my best .. let my heavenly Father do the rest..(CL Ink, and CL wife TY, if you are reading this.. you may however wana do a more accurate feedback with the members of the discussion group).. hehhe.

Once more.. I wanna thank God for providing me with an opportunity to serve Him. Wanna thank my CL and Shepherd for giving me the chance as well as guiding me. I learned a lot and it is indeed a joy to serve God. Also, wanna thank my discussion members for being patient with me and also for trusting me enough.


After the caregroup session, we went over to Joel & Evelyn's which was nearby for Evelyn & Elaine's birthday celebration and had Haagen Daz coffee ice-cream.. Nice!
So here you go.. this is my Friday the 13th for you .. and I hope your Friday the 13th was superb too. :) Have a lovely weekend y'ol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woweeee... I'm amazed at how much you can write!!! Anyway, I read through your Friday the 13th and it sounds more like Thank GOD It's Friday instead. Hehe... thanks for your wonderful heart in desiring to serve Him with all your heart and soul! Keep up the good work!

Prisca said...

*Giggles*

Hehehe.. actually when I blogged, I usually write what my mind is thinking about. So from this, you can gather that I think too much. Wahahaha..

>Inky: Hee hee.. yeah it is TGIF always for me!! Thanks once again, for the opportunity & guidance provided to serve God!

>lil_bro: Hehehe.. all my previous entries are quite short leh .. I hope you are feeling much better and I hope your weekend would be good. I didn't do much.. that's what sistas are for!