Thursday, October 13, 2005

Happy Times with Girls!!

Tuesday, 11th October 2005:
Met my all time poly-best-bud Joan to croak our hearts out. It was a belated birthday celebration and we went to KBox @Marina Square. (Btw folks, Marina Square has been renovated till it's pretty sleek & alot of eateries there are not as crowded.. good gathering place!)
We arrived at 645pm and started croaking our hearts out and though there was only the 2 of us, we never fail to have fun. It's been like this since Poly days. Just the 2 of us and yet we make lots of noise and laugh our way through.
It felt great to be with one of my best-bud again.. everytime I meet Joan, I still Thank God for bringing her back to me (we lost contact for many years after poly). Not only was it good to be croaking ur throats out with a good companion, it was excellent having a microphone all to yourself without having to share. Hhahhah.. if you've been to karaoke, you know how boring it can get if the microphone's not in your hands man.
After singing through numerous (yes, I lost count..) songs, while Joan was singing half way I asked her "Eh, how come you know so many mandarin songs? And how come your mandarin so good now? Can read the mandarin words on the screen so well.. Thought your mandarin sucks big time previously?" She smiled, gave her O.O Joan look and said "dunno.. maybe cos watch too many mandarin series?" I choked and said "You? watching mandarin series? Unbelieveable." And then I continued singing and then it was her turn and I was 'punching' in more songs to sing.
This time round, while I was singing half way.. Joan said to me "Eh, then how come you know so many mandarin songs also? Your mandarin also cannot make it wan what.." I looked at her and said "I just listened to my other friends when they sing in Karaoke lor. But then again.. my mandarin still sucks what.. " We looked at each other and just laughed.. hahaha.. very typical us.
We sang from 645pm... all the way till 1145pm. Went back, shacked... went to comp.. switch on and the whole vicious cycle of being addicted to the internet begins once again. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, 13th October 2005:
Chat with Karine today and she gave the site to her blog. After reading her blog, somehow or rather it felt as though I have known her for years and my sentiments were felt exactly like how she felt. Though we only started talking recently after our DnD performance this year, it felt really comfortable talking to her. And I don't know why.. the more I talked to her..the more I feel that she is someone who has a big, big heart and that she would end up being one of my good girlfriends. There are some people.. that I just gelled with from the start and one of the cases was Koh WeiPing (a.k.a. Apple by me cos of his rosy cheeks). And I had the same feeling with Karine. Anyway, I'm glad to have made a new friend...whether or not it blossomed further.
Tonight, met Elaine and TY for dinner and catching up session. Hehe.. I told TY before, Shepherd meet Sheep and sheep meet sheeplet? Then TY said nope..not sheeplet.. lamb u mean? Oh..yah.. duh me!!!! lol.
The girls had a good time catching up and laughing about stuff. It was good to know Elaine better on a personal level. It was also good catching up with TY and (Ashley - in TY's tumtum..haha). 2 nights of happy times with gals!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... sheeplet. That's a nice word. :P