Friday, June 10, 2005

~Merv's Birthday~

Today is Merv's birthday. Happy Birthday, bro! I met the birthday boy for dinner and supposedly (Yess... I am using 'supposedly' one too many times lately) for a movie too. Merv got to Plaza Sing & called to say that the cinema's left with front row seating and we decided to give the movie a pass. Went straight for dinner instead. We queued at Swensen's for some time and decided we'll go elsewhere instead since the queue didn't seem to be moving. Where? Coffee Club ..yes (second time for me this week after meeting TY, Ink & Gab to celebrate my grades & Ty's good news on Tuesday)


From Plaza Sing, we strolled to Cineleisure where they had the open air Coffee Club. Humidity caused us (or more likely me) to suggest Wisma Atria instead since they too have a Coffee Club indoors. Strolled further, passed Takashimaya and reached Wisma Atria. Glanced at the menu and realised they don't have the full set of menu which = no garlic prawn pasta. SOOOOOO, I remembered that there is another Coffee Club at takashimaya with the full menu and thank God for Merv the kind and patient birthday boy .. who agreed quickly and we headed back to Takashimaya. *I suggested to Merv that he can now blog about how indecisive women are & his theory is proven right by me..*


We settled for Taka & when we arrived there... we had our dinner while chatting. Half way through some bunch of guys sang a birthday song. Not to Merv but to another guy. What a coincidence! I asked Merv if I can pay the guys 5 bucks or something to sing to him as well since it's also his birthday. He said to me 'Don't you dare, Pris..' Hhaha.. okie, point taken. We were enjoying our dinner and had a great sharing whennnnn.....coffee club taka realised it was Merv's birthday somehow and decided to have a power trip to increase the ambience for him. *giggles* For the next hour or so at coffee club, their powers kept flickering.. to Merv & my delight. *Merv was getting a kick out of seeing the waitress at the cashier's face changed whenever the power trip came on...*

We laughed and continued chatting while getting immune to the 'disco lights' at coffee club taka and enjoyed ourselves (at least I did) getting to know this brother even better!! Once again.... Happy Birthday Merv!!!!!!!!!! <--- Should I say from all of us at Coffee Club Taka? hahaha

No comments: