Monday, June 06, 2005

Jehovah-Jireh..My Provider!!

Monday morning, 7:19.
I struggled to get out of bed.. it's a daily routine.
Remembered why it is important today.
Come noon, 2 results would be on display.


At work later, I keep glancing at my clock.
As the time draws near, my heart seems to stop.
First results was due at One.
12:48 and my emotions starts to run.


A text message came about one thirty pm or so..
Lo & Behold, what joy that message bestow!!
Humming at my workstation, I was grinning from ear to ear...
This is great news, I thought.. coming from someone dear!


Received an email from my school R.M.I.T,
saying my exam results.. would be out earlier at three-thirty!!
*Gulp*Gulp* was all I could do..
I glanced at the clock and it's a quarter pass two!!


I know I need to pray.. I need to find a verse..
Am frothing with anxiety.. am about to burst!!
"Philippians 4:6, Pris" the Lord reminded me..
To substitute anxiety with prayers, & commit everything unto thee.


After I have said my prayers, I was in a better state of mind.
At this time, Ink & Gab added me to their chat online.
When they knew I was anxious, they were very nice.
They said an online prayer & my faith increased twice!


3:30pm sharp, I clicked on the website.
No results were shown at all..it gave me quite a fright!!!
I click & click till my mouse nearly gave way..
The results finally came on .. and I thought my eyes were at play!!


"Father, if its possible I really need at least one distinction", I said.
The Lord said "Tell you what.. I'll give you TWO instead."
2 Distinctions were there on my computer screen.
At that split moment, I really want to scream:
Jehovah-Jireh..my Provider!! YOur grace is more than sufficient for me!!
Jehovah-Jireh...my Provider!! None can ever compare to thee!!!

5 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

congrats princess! btw, r we still going out fri nite? haha

Sandy said...

hey pri, so all that slogging paid off yea... :) Praise GOD!! and Congratulations!! You go gal :)

Gabster said...

Yeah... Good news from both worries!!! Told u everything will be fine liao... haha

Lifted my mood up that day, cos had a bad day at work, luckily got these 2 good news! Now u can really enjoy urself in europe.. :)

Prisca said...

>didi, it's ok. it's the thought tat counts. =) thanks for your congrats & dun worry, I'll cook you even more when I see you in London.. (in about 10 days or so time.. yippee!)

>Hey birthday boy Merv, by the time I reply this.. I have already met you last night. Thanks for the wonderful time.. Coffee Club Taka had a great surprise for U last night no? Hahah..Thanks for the congrats 2.

>Hey Sandy.. nice to see you here after so long! Where've u been gal? Hehe.. Thanks for the congrats and congrats once more for your grades as well!! Praise the Lord!!

>Gabster.. am a worry-er mah.. heheh..Yup.. now can really enjoy myself in Europe before I come back & slog again.. Hopefully by the time U read this msg.. and when u return from church camp.. that everything will be well for u at work. =)

Jon Tan said...

Hey Congrats!

Now that exams is over. Go take a well deserved break, and then its time to focus on your "purpose" in life lor... =p