Thursday, February 24, 2005

This is hazardous to health..


Email from Client.. She is a lovely client to work with.. and she's funny.. telling me she's having a headache cos of the string of emails on a busy day ...She's only being CCed leh..Imagine ME!!! I am involved in the email as in I have to reply reply reply reply reply...some people just DON'T READ INSTRUCTIONS and SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T READ!! Posted by Hello

Ever had one of those days where EVERYONE wants a piece of you? I have been experiencing that lately. Since last Sunday.. I have been VERY busy with getting my school assigments done as the due dates are all lined up after one another and in fact I just handed up an individual assignment just now. *PHEW* Relief... one down.. another minor group assignment to go. Due date? 1st March 05. Can die.

I think studying is very bad for health. I think working is also very bad for health. And having the combination of two at the same time right now is extremely hazardous to my health.hahha.. Not been getting much snooze time lately... Sunday: Slept at 2ish am. (woke up at 7 for work so only about 5hours of zZzZ). Monday: Slept at 2ish again (woke up at 7 also for work and again 5 hours of sleep)
Tuesday: Busy day at work... phone calls kept POURING IN .. I couldn't even write a single email and complete it in peace. So much to do and each time I wanna write a new email.. my phone goes *RiinG!* I go >_< (Uuurrgghh!!) But the minute I pick up the phone its "Hello, Good Afternoon, Priscilla speaking.." (sounds sweet right?.. but in actual fact my face was like -.-!!!)

Met Soo Guan, Tze Yee, Joel and Irving for my first Tuesday prayer lunch meet and we all sat down and pray for everyone's prayer requests. Right after lunch.. shortly... Irving and Tze Yee managed to get their prayers answered.. they found a great tour package! And as for me.. I got mine answered too! (Scroll down below to see what my request was la..don't be lazy..be a lil patient.. hahaha..) God is good and He is listening!!

Rushed out alot of work and felt very productive BUT after work dashed to school for my class. After class, dashed back home to continue with my assignment. On the way back home.. something in me kept telling me how I should or approach my assignment and though I was listening to my MP3, was dead tired, and mind slightly drifting away.. the inner voice was audible.. Went home.. prayed before I started my essay and next thing I know.. *Voila* Typing at my notebook vigorously. While I was typing the ideas I had for fear of losing them and stumbling onto another writer's block... my mum was talking to me. And not sure about you guys.. (Or am I the only one??) Do you get annoyed or irritated when you are working and concentrating real hard at work or something and someone talks or disrupts you and you get annoyed?

I am guilty of this. The strange thing is that I only get annoyed when its my blood relations...I am not llike this with friends. I feel very very bad because of this. I was doing my essay when my mum talked to me right? Here was the conversation:

Mummy: Ah girl ar..
Pris: yeah?
Mummy: Girl..
Pris: yeah?
Mummy: U still wearing your contact lenses ar? So late already.. better take out.. later you sleep in it.
Pris: Ok..Mm
*Next 10 mins*
Mummy: Girl..
Pris: yeah?
Mummy: Girl ar.. you eat already not?
Pris: Huh? Don't feel like eating.. wanna do my assignment.. urgent.
Mummy: Oic.. not hungry?
Pris: Nope..
Mummy: Girl ar..
Pris: yeah? (Abit annoyed already)
Mummy: er.. aiya.. nm..
Pris: ?????? (continue typing)
*17mins later*
Mummy: Girl..
Pris (now my face is like this again.. -.-): Wat?
Mummy: Is this your last semester?
Pris: No
Mummy: How many more?
Pris: 2..
Mummy: When your exams?
Pris: end April to early May for this sem. Tsk.. mummy.. I need to focus on my assignment la.. need to hand up soon.
Mummy: Oic..
*Pris thinking to herself.. Mum.. plsplsplsplspls...PUH-LEEEASE don't launch into a parliament lecture..I don't need this right now.. at least not at 12ish am where my body is SCREAMING for me to head to bed*
Mummy: U know.. u paid for ur course.. u better study hard.. especially if its just 2 more semesters.. i know studying and working isn't easy but you better study hard and (trails off..) *NoOOOoOOOOOOOOOoO!!!!! Too late..*
PARLIAMENT IN SESSION already.

Well when I think back I felt bad cos she was just showing her concern.. and peole like me take that for granted.. as in I do appreciate it but not at that point of time cos I was really dead tired. Mummy.. if you ever read this.. I am terribly sorry and I know you care.. love you lots! Don't be like me, folks.. really.

Slept at 3am cos finally can get the BODY of my assignment out.. thanks to great pals like Irving, Tze Yee and Annie who helped me and gave me inspiration.. :) Also, thank you Lil Bro.. for always smsing me even though you are in LONDON to encourage me on my assignment. Thanks guys! And because the body of my assigment was able to be "formed".. my prayers were answered! Thank God! I had a writer's block since Sunday as I was not able to have a smooth flow in the begining of my assignment to link to the BODY and then the ending.. so then my assignment was only HEAD and ENDING.. no middle.. (Slept at 3am .. woke up at 6am cos my mind was still in overdrive and could not sleep..3 hours of sleep..)

Wednesday: Zombified the whole day. Brought my notebook as well as my yellow pages thick kindof textbook along to touch up on my assignment during lunch. I was working really slowly today. Because I am zombified..I had to focus doubly hard and ensure I know what I am doing to prevent mistakes. After work.. Lugged the heavy bag that nearly dislocated my shoulder to school to meet coursemates for project work (Assignment 2). It was so heavy that I could not jay walk. Imagine the cars were like 30-40metres AWAY. Can brisk walk across the road right? NOPE. Not when my bag was that heavy. A snail could have jay-crawled faster and beat me in getting to the other side of the road. It was that heavy.. Went back home from school late after discussion and did the fianl touches to my assignment. Slept at 2am (woke up at 7am again so again 5 hours of snooze).

Thursday: Zoom past.. stayed in office for conference call though I had classes that night as well. Reached home.. dead tired. O.O stone in front of TV and my notebook..looked through my assignment for any errors. (Slept late still and had about 6 hours of sleep)

Friday: Finally its friday.. love them.. yet I am too tired to enjoy it .. at least this week and I foresee more to come. Have to continue with my priject work after this.. Hmm.. maybe not.. maybe sleep first and then wake up tomorrow and re-edit our core article. This is really bad for my health. All in all I only had 19 hours of sleep from Mon-Thurs, as compared to the average 8 hours per day rule which is about 32 hours for 4 days. I only had 19!!!! Can die!!! I don't understand why I pay money to torture myself.. pay money for something that is hazardous to my health.. to get a piece of paper which supposedly meant to help me in my future in terms of better career prospects ($$, career advancement / standing) when with that I would have more responsibilities and more emails.. more phone calls (perhaps..) more meetings, more work and end up with being stress and then because of the stress as well as the changing and advancing of times that a degree is no longer sufficient.. end up going for another course to upgrade myself again and again I pay money to torture myself and ra ra ra ra ra.. you get the drift. And its a VICIOUS CYCLE!!!! I suggest that we should ALL go be farmers or something.. less stress and its a simple life.. though I can't foresee myself cleaning up after animals since I am not much an animal person. (My colleague say I have not much compassion for animals.. and notice that I have more compassion for old people.. HOW TRUE!)

Anyway enough procrastination for a week.. I hope everyone have a good weekend cos I know I wont be.. I would be meeting my coursemates again for my project.. at the same place.. the same bench.. the same topics to talk and discuss till we submit our project. SIGH!!! oh well.. at least its PAY DAYYY for me already!! *CHINK CHINK*

5 comments:

Merv Kwok said...

wah seeerrrriiioooouuusss... he onli send to u rite? hehe

Prisca said...

Hey Merv.. yeah.. only send to me. Send to others jia lat already.. hahah..

Prisca said...

P/S to everyone: I AM LAZY TO EDIT FOR SPELLING MISTAKES ALREADY.. I read through my own blog and spotted some.. but go easy on me la.. I am TIRED and ZOMBIFIED and I am procrastinating right now.. So people!! You don;t wanna go there with me about my spelling mistakes.. HAHAH

Paul said...

where's my mummy???

Prisca said...

Paul...give her a ring!! Just tell her you miss her and everyone at home! Not usual but surely worth it! :)