Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Chinese New Year 2005

Gong Hei Fatt Choy!!! Well, CNY this year was okie. I am not talking about the collection / harvest of red packets here that I collected. Perhaps its from my Aunty Susan (Ah Mee's) birthday bash few weeks back in Jan that made me very eager to meet my relatives again.

Went to my granny's place on the first day of CNY and was so excited that I woke up early, dolled up, and was all ready to head down to HQ (Granny's place, where all my relatives would gather). Here's one lady I am so proud of..


My Beloved Granny & I
Posted by Hello
I love my granny very much. She took care of me when I was younger and its from her that I grew up loving teochew porridge (I can eat teochew porridge - with peanuts and cai sim "preserved pickles" all day without foaming) and I grew to love coffee and enjoy and treasure the simple things in life. Why I am so proud of my granny? Well, I heard from my mummy that gramps was the eldest of her siblings and when great grand-dad passed away, she was only 12 and looked after a bunch of siblings on her own under the 'authority' of a step mother (I reckon from stories I hear.. Great Step-Grandma (?) was pretty tyrannical though she was impartial back then). And not only that, when my grandpa died when I was still a small girl, my grandma had to 'run' and look after the whole family's welfare on her own though most of her kids were already married and grown up then but I think its still tough for a woman to look after the family herself especially when she had 9 kids!! She's one cool super granny to me!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saturday: Went to visit some church mates' houses and here's the links to the pics..
I couldn't load the pics here after some attempt and tried a couple of times and I still could not so alas...I give up.. you go to the link if you wanna see the pics.. Haha..

Surprisingly for the past few years.. I realised that I have not gambled at all.. Strange... I used to like it.. not gambling la.. not about the money either, I guess about participating in the fun.. not of late. Hmm.. still wondering if I am becoming domesticated which I most likely think I have to a certain degree.

Realise I didn't take any pics with my cutey nephew.. He remembered me at last!! Called me "Jie Jie" last year when it's supposed to be AUNTY! I like it actually .. (ONLY COMING FROM HIM.. NOT ANY OF YOU CAPABLE OF READING MY BLOG) And the best part of it was.. He called me Ah-yee (Auntie) and he kept asking me when will he be able to see me again before he left my granny's place. I didn't reply him as I seldom go to my granny's.. (will make it a point to do so more often) and he was so farny.. he kept following me where-ever I went and kept asking me non-stop like a machine gun rattling off.. "When?When?When?When can I see you again?" And he was orbiting around me like a satelite everywhere I went in my granny's place till I gave up and sat him on my lap.. and said "Wassup? Why do you want me to give you a date? You wanna date Ah-yee issit? Must ask your mummy first you know..you are too young.." And I grinned. The little munchkin was soOooO cute when he blushed and scuttled away... Wahahaha... Was just teasing him la.. and next minute I know, my cousin (his mother) came and sat beside me.. saying "Wah.. son wanna date you leh.. he says you are very pretty"

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....................................................................

*Pri's heart melted* Such a sweetheart!!! Okie, will make a mental note to get him some toys next round.. Hahahaa...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cousin is soooo cute!!! A young cassanova in the making? heee...Mermaid

Prisca said...

Yeah .. he's cute.. I too think so that he would be a cassanova some day.. gonna break many hearts man..hehe