Thursday, February 17, 2005

14, 16 and 17...

14th Feb 05: Valentine's Day... Hmmm.. was a lil dreading this day.. didn't had a date.. and on my way to work.. I received a call from office. Huh? This early.. what could be the reason? And couldn't they wait till I was in the office to tell me what was up? Answered the call and it was our office receptionist (what the...??? How did she get my mobile??) Fauziah went: "Priscilla Tham? Are you in office yet? When you are in office, don't go straight to 26th floor.. need you to comeby 18th floor reception first ya?" "Huuuh? Whaaat? Hmm.. Alright.. see you in awhile, Fauziah."

Reached office and went to 18th floor first and Fauziah said.. "there's a collection for you.. over there" I was thinking in my head.. "What was so important that she had to call me on my mobile even before I reached the office?" Walked to the DHL courier parcel I saw and tried to pick up the document and Fauziah went "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! That one!!" She pointed to a bouquet of pink tulips... For me??? Can't be! Wonder who could it be from.. As though Fauziah saw the thought bubble above my head, she said "From Bryan Tan.. and you are the first to receive flowers today! So nice the flowers...hot date ar?" I smiled and thanked her but.. I ain't dating Bryan. We're purely platonic.. but it was really a nice gesture of him to surprise me.. So Bryan.. if you are reading this blog which I doubt you ever will cos if so you wouldn't be the Bryan Tan I know.. Thanks for the lovely flowers.. real sweet and you made my day.

Worked till very late that night and everyone who passed by my desk asked if I had a hot date that night. Nope.. No one believed me.. oh well. I did had a rather hot date that night.. In fact, I dated 2 men simultaneously that night! They worked me real hard I tell ya.. Their names? Ernst & Young.. Haha.. Went back a little late that night.. tired. Reached home and my mummy said there was a bunch of really pretty pink lilies (yes.. i know .. pink is my fave colour) with a sweet little card.. since I thank Bryan, I better thank this friend as well.. Thanks for the lovely lilies, Ryann. Hmm.. Bryan & Ryann... sounds like a conspiracy theory though they aren't friends of each other at all. Love is in the air you say? Hmm.. I really don't know.. and I don't wanna think about it at the current moment. I'll let God decide my path for me since He knows what's best for me.. I mean, yes.. I do wanna get married and settle down for sure.. but I guess the sermon last sunday lingered on my head.. Would rather follow His plans for me (since His plans are def greater than my plans) than to rush into a marriage and end up in a shaky marriage. I looked at the flowers and the card I received .. unwrapped them and placed them in a vase.. He makes all things beautiful in His time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16th Feb 05: Took a day's leave to chill out and relax. Well, Darryl was in town and he asked me to accompany him to shop for some of his friends stuff and I figure.. yeah.. why not? Since I needed a day to just rejuvenate myself. Woke up at 10am and went to Heeren.. arrived at 1130am sharp and didn't see Darryl around. Hmm.. alright.. shall sit near the fountain since they were featuring MTVs then. One Mtv.. two Mtvs...three Mtvs... *Pris raises her eyebrows* Hmm.. glanced at my watch .. 1141am.. Alright. No biggie.. Darryl's probably a little late. four..five..six.. seven Mtvs.. Hmm.. making me worried.. Called and text Darryl and no reply or any response from him. Did he forget? Is he ok? Hmm.. text him again and no response again. Gosh.. wondered what happen to him or if he overslept. Called him and again there was no answer. Left him a voicemail. Half an hour passed and he called finally.. Pris.. will be there in a minute.. Ok, I said. Time checked: 1215pm.. Hmm.. okie.. so Darryl said he will be here in a minute. His in a MINUTE turned out to be another 40mins later!!!!!! Gosh!!! The nerve of that guy! What an idiot! For making me wait over an hour!!! I was fuming mad when he arrived grinning from ear to ear.

I have not lost my temper for a few light years already and even when people annoyed the heck out of me.. I have not been active in my temperaments since goodness knows when. BUT.. I just snapped when I saw him arriving with a grin. He sat down beside me and said 'Sorry LAH' while grinning. UUrrggh!! That snapped my nerve. Call me princess, call me prima dona, call me making a mountain out of a molehill, call me anything you want for all I care but that "LAH" at the end of his apologies ignited the dynamite. I just kept quiet and he kept on laughing while apologising till I couldn't stomach it any further and told him "If you ain't sincere about apologising.. please don't. Cos it just makes it worst and it irritates the sh*t out of me with that smug on your face." He dropped dead silent. And next thing I knew.. he went "My shout for lunch ya?"

Its not about the lunch!!! Man!! Doesn't he get it?! I could have been in the comfort of my bed sleeping on my lovely off day and could be sipping my wonderful apple juice with aloe vera while listening to my music and chilling out.. reading my books.. and heading out to town only later. I made the effort to wake up earlier cos he asked me to accompany him to get stuff for his friends and it isn't as if I needed to do shopping on my own at all! Darryl, even if you are reading this..eventhough you are a super close bud to me, I would still say you're an idiot for blowing my fuse. Sorry mate, but you made a lady wait that long for you!! Anyway, after he sincerely apologised and pacified me .. I relented. We went to shop for his stuff and he wanted to get perfume.. asked me what perfume is good for a girl.. Hmm.. I like lots.. I like gucci envy.. gucci envy me..ralph lauren's romance.. guerlain's champs elysee... so many!! Darryl said to me "watcha wearing now? smells very good actually and I wanna get that." Oh.. Can't do. It's not sold in Singapore. Its Maybe Baby from Benefit. Oh well.. and he ended up getting some perfume that I don't know what it is cos while he went to shop for the perfume, I went to colour my hair at my uncle's salon.. ended up? Cutting my hair even shorter as well. Quite like the hair cut.. cos its so much lighter and I'll def use less shampoo and less time maintaining it.


My new hair cut Posted by Hello

Me trying to act cute.. Posted by Hello

Okie.. its me trying to act cute.. hahaha... and the lighting aint that great.. but here you go for people who have been asking me for pics of my new hair..So how? Nice not??? Anyway, not nice also too late..cut already

Departed from Darryl cos he's joining his army buddies for dinner and he gave me a tight hug cos he is heading back to Perth already. Time flies. Went to Tze Yee & Irving's place to cook fried rice and it was really fun. Glad I went cos helped me to recall how to cook fried rice again. Hehe.. Glad to catch up a bit with my shepherd, Tze Yee, too. Been sometime since we had a good talk and catching up session. Look forward to more of such cook-outs.. haha.. new terminology.. by me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

17th Feb 05: Went back to work today and MAN.. I had 91 new emails in my inbox. GOSH! *rolled my eyes* and next thing I know.. hurds of my colleagues surrounded me and said "nice hair cut.. we like the hair cut.. very nice.. " but some of them do not like the few blond streaks I did.. it was just a few.. not alot.. really. But some of them liked it very much. Me? Honestly.. I can't really care much.. hair to me is just hair thesedays. Anyway my hair grow pretty quickly lately so whatever...doesn't matter. Grahame came out of his room and went "Wah Lau" (Yes.. note: he is an ANG MOH and he uses singlish) and the rest of the day, he kept calling me "Stripey P" (I used to be girly P till today).

Was busy clearing my emails and was thinking real hard on replying one of the assignees' emails when I felt something hovering above me. I was too engrossed in my emails that I didn't felt it earlier. Looked up and what did I see? Grahame hoovering above me with a cheeky grin and a YELLOW highlighter in his hands.. trying to colour some of my blonde streaks.. (Note: This is my boss we are talking about.. someone who have been promoted to Director recently..) *Ahem*! I went.. And what are you trying to do, evil one? He laughed and pointed to my supervisor, Lien, "Lien was the one who instigated me!" Lien's eyes widened and said "Riight.. it's not as if she would believe you, Grahame." *Busted* Grahame, you are pure evil..He laughed and walked away. 10 mins later.. he came back with a PINK highlighter and said "I like your hair cut Pris, but can I highlight streaks of pink on your hair pls?" GGrrrrrr.........Of cos you can't Grahame.. its not in my contract and I am sooo gonna join a union! U're EEEvil!! Haha.. okie.. so the rest of the day today.. my hair was the highlight.. (hmm..that sounds funny since grahame tried to highlight my head) of the day.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new hairstyle. Looks fresh and complements perfectly the comming summer season. :P


INKy

Prisca said...

Thanks Bro! :)

Anonymous said...

Took a breather from my Excel training and can't help laughing, esp the part abt the new "technology" of highlighter highlighting by the high-flyer...hmm...they rhymes kekeke!
I like your new haircut..and yes...INK kept bugging me to cook the fried-rice *help*

Prisca said...

Haha... hey thats really funny.. hahah.. highlighter highlighting my hair from a highflyer.. Lol.. So how's ur excel training, babe? Thanks for liking my new hair cut.. Haha.. INK bug you to cook fried rice? Cook for him la.. U surely can do it! ;) Got faith in you!