Sunday, August 20, 2006

Splendid Weekend... But...

Splendid Weekend... But....

Friday, 18th August 2006:

Prior to Friday, I was on medical leave on Thursday, 17th August 2006 cos of my nose. I was sneezing non-stop on Wednesday, August 16th. Those who know me, know that this is a common thing that occurs every now and then. Sensitive nose and also sinus. Sigh.. poor me.


Anyway, I slept throughout Thursday and felt better on Friday. After work, I met up with Merv for dinner to just catch up with this brother. Merv accompanied me until 11ish as I was watching a movie with Junming, Junming (yes, it's not a typo... its 2 Junmings), Benedict (?) and Esther near to midnight.
So the 4 twin towers came and I felt like the hobbit Frodo amongst 4 very tall people. Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself with the bit of arcade games we played before the movie and I enjoyed the movie 'Click' too.

Somehow, I found myself becoming an Adam Sandler fan gradually. The movie Click sortof touched my heart and made me realise that I do not have much time left with the people I love (e.g. Gramps) who have not come to know and accept Jesus as yet. Went back that night pretty tired but with a heavy impression on my heart to spend more time and reach out to Gramps. Tried as I may but I couldn't get much sleep.
*****************************************************************************************


Saturday, 19th August 2006:

I finally fell asleep but the birds have started to chirp. Brilliant..-.-!!! I continued to laze on my bed but a few psychotic pigeons kept flying to my window and kept on coo-ing. A few times, I shoo-ed them away but they just keep coming back! I mean c'mon... there are like 16 floors of windows to choose from... why do they have to come to mine when I'm dead tired? Murphy's law at work. Usually, I'm not against animals. But that morning, I wished I had a catapult in my hands. For you pigeon lovers... please note that I did nothing to them. Although I can't say likewise of what they did to me....and my window.


Crawled out of bed.. washed up... had a slice of bread and watched some telly, cleaned my window. Went back to my bed and did some quiet time. Read my daily devotional guide and Acts 27:25 was like calling out to me, especially the part where it says "it will happen just as he told me". Hmm... pondered about that and smiled to myself knowing that I've been assured. =) Prepared for Saturday service and the sermon by Ps. Jeff was ministering to me. Cos I was just thinking about family and stuff along those lines.


After service, I bid the girls farewell as I was feeling the aftermath of not having enough sleep. Also, I thought I should just spend time with Mummy dearest. Bought a rice dumpling cos I was very hungry (My stomach growled during service..hehe and the girls heard it. That was how hungry I was!) Had a nice slow stroll back home while munching my dinner and slurping my Barley drink.


Tried to sleep but found myself tossing and turning. My nose was acting up again. But I managed to catch more sleep than the night before. Thank God.
*****************************************************************************************


Sunday, 20th August 2006:

Woke up, changed and went to church for some meetings. There's a number of meetings today. Met up with the cg for lunch and Gab passed me the church invite for the church anniversary event. I glanced at the invite and saw that my mandarin name was written on it. Hmmmm!!! I wondered who was the joker. Well, I have a slight adversion to my mandarin name. I think it's not nice la... heheh... Andrew picked up my invite that was on the table and asked all the guys from cg if they were XXX XXXX. He thought it was a guy. Hhmmpph.


To add insult to injury, Weeleong said he thinks that my mandarin name is nicer than my English name. I told him that I will feedback what he just told me to my mother and my father, since they were the ones who chose both Priscilla and XXX XXXX for me. Hehehe.


After the 1st meeting was done, there was the Family Ties meeting. Once more, I'm not involved this year in this activity. Last year was cos of my uni-project meetings and this year... I'll be away in Bangkok. It's not pre-arranged ok!! Lol. So while everyone was in the auditorium listening to the instructions for the Family Ties event, I was outside glancing at the colourful
"thank God"messages written by many people on a board, in conjunction with the upcoming church anniversary, while waiting for the Family Ties meeting to end (There was another meeting after that which I was attending).


Teck Keong saw me and we had a brief chat about Camp com stuff and went back into the auditorium when I thought I head that the Family Ties Meeting was over. Anyway, in the auditorium while waiting for the Regional Team Meeting to start, we were just gathered amongst ourselves and as usual we were talking and laughing.


For some reason that I'm totally clueless about, my mandarin name was mentioned once more by dunnoe who. Ggggrrr.... So I tried to 'C.S.I' and find out who in the world wrote my mandarin name on the church invite. I failed miserably. And somehow... more people got to know about my mandarin name. Ok, for those of you who already know... SHUT UP!!!! Hehehhe. Just kiddin... keep it to urself ya? I much prefer to be called Pris or Priscilla, thank you.


After the meeting, some of us went downstairs to play pool and How Joo joined us as well. When pool ended, Merv, Gab and I went for dinner. We had chicken rice at Lucky Plaza ... It was good. So good that I had to walk home after that to help digest the chicken in me.


Came home and little did I know that the nightware was about to happen. I went to bed and my nose was badly clogged. Keep blowing my nose to clear the nasal passage. Couldn't. Few seconds later... it was blocked again. This entire process repeated until Monday morning. Sigh..I didn't even catch a wink of sleep. *Sob*Sob*Poor me...I had a splendid weekend but am oh so exhausted thanks to my nose.


I think I'm about to come down with flu or something. Urrrgh... not when I'm heading for BKK this Friday!! This does not feel like the sinus thingy that usually happens for a day or two only. Doc's medication didn't help much ... urgh... my nose is still pretty much blocked. I need to get well soon to be able to take on the streets of Bangkok by storm!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very eventful indeed.. rest more when you're free this week, otherwise bangkok trip not fun liao.. enjoy ya! HJ

Prisca said...

Hey HJ!! Thanks for ur message.. so sweet of ya.. hehe. Yup... I need to rest and recuperate to enjoy BKK!!

Tiger said...

hey, u not really short lor. say until like that. Anyway, its Benedicte.

hahaha... now u are "famous" liao in terms of your mandarin name?

Prisca said...

>Tiger: Heeee.... with 4 of u feels a bit so leh...heeee...Ok, benedicte.. got it. Ya.. can u imagine? XXX XXXX is more "famous" than Pris.... :S