Wednesday, August 23, 2006

On recovering....

On recovering....

After countless toilet rolls, 2 and a half boxes of kleenex, many glasses of water and a number of flu medication, I thank God that I'm getting better. =)


I went to work yesterday as per normal. At work I continued to wheeze and was still not feeling too well. There was a slight throbbing pain at my right hand, from my wrist onwards to my elbow. Pretty unusual since I have never experience pain on my right hand only (usually its just bodyaches) when I'm down with flu. With my colleague's advice, I went to the doctor's again to get medical leave for today so I can rest and hopefully recover before I depart for Bangkok this Friday night.


At home, the pain on my right hand seems to be escalating. From a bearable stage it became a torture. The pain made my right hand weak, I couldn't grasp things properly as it only worsen the pain. It felt as though the veins on my right hand were all tied up in knots. It seems as though the pain was concentrated on just one area! Even when I first took up tennis lessons, my arms did not ache that badly as this. Was nearly in tears. How to shop in Bangkok like dat?! Hehe... I was nearly in tears not from that, cos the pain was truly excruciating.



Bearing the pain was tiring... I decided I should get more rest and turned in early. Prayed and went to sleep, that was about 8ish pm. Being a light sleeper, I woke up when Mum came into the room to check if I was having a fever. When I woke up, so did the pain in my right hand. I looked at the clock and it was close to midnight. A little disheartened but I continued to pray but this time with more faith that I know my Lord will restore my health before this Friday. After that I went back to sleep.


Voila! This morning when I woke up, my right hand felt a little weak but the pain was gone. My nose was much better too. Hallelujah, thank God! And thank you to those who prayed for me as well! =)


I felt muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh better as compared to the last few days. I think this must have been one of the worst bout of flu I've gotten. In fact, I think of all the times that I was sick... other than the one and first time I had a very bad stomach flu which I was puking everyday for 2 weeks straight, this can go down 2nd in my history of being sick.


Was typing this entry and having a light lunch while watching telly too. It feels good to be feeling good once more. Hehe. THEN, channel 8 on TV showed a documentary about these 2 Singaporean ladies giving birth. Yes, the whole entire process was captured on the camera live. How the baby came out was not shown of cos... the camera focus on the mothers trying to er.. "squeeze" (??) out the babies. And... it's HORRIFYING I tell you!!!!!!!! I should have switched channels but my eyes were glued to the telly while my hands refused to cooperate with my brain.

I lost my appetite and yeah ... I feel sick again...I can feel my stomach churn... urghhhh...

I think if someday I ever have kids... I'll order mine online ... delivered via storck express. Hehe. What was realllllly sweet was after one of the mothers popped, the father carried his baby and said to it (I dun know if the baby was a boy or a girl.. so thus an it!) "You're fearfully and wonderfully made"..Awwwwwwwwwww.... *melts*. But I think I'll still order mine online... child bearing? *shudder*



4 comments:

Tricia said...

hey gal... glad tt u r feeling so much better. I'll pray for the healing hand of God to be upon u and that you will be protected throughout your BKK trip. Take care and have fun!!

Prisca said...

>hey babe.... awwwww... so sweet and nice of you! You're a gem! Thank you, sis!! *hugz*

Prisca said...

>Didi: Hey, thanks for your message... and watchamean by be good? I'm always good whattttttt... hahah.. lol. Have a splendid weekend.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't shown you a picture of a placenta hor. Hahahaa... ok ok, later u fall sick again. :P