Monday, August 14, 2006

Falling In Love?

Falling in Love?

It has been an interesting two weeks thus far. Nearly every other day for the last 2 weeks, I have had someone teasing/disturbing/interrogating me about my love life or marriage or linking me up with someone else. I have no idea what caused a variety of my friends from different walks of my life to actually teased me in such a synchronised fashion..

I'm amazed that I'm still alive after what my friends, I mean "foes" (lol!) put me through. I've come to realise that avoidance, trying to laugh it off, blushing, giving my friends the beady eyes as in -.- would not put a stop to their teasing. It only heightens their excitement at my expense of course. So yeah...if you can't beat them... I suppose I could just let them be. Haha.


Unfortunately to my dismay, these naughty imps didn't let me off. So the conversations and the emails go something like these:


Conversation in office:
Me: Hey, where's D? I don't see him around.
Colleagues: He's overseas, why? You miss him?
Me: Riiiiiight...
Colleagues: We know you miss him.. that's why you're asking...
Me: Noo... Riiiight...whatever..
Colleagues: *Snigger*snigger*


Email from best friends:
K: So what's up with you ladies?
Me: Nothing much... usual.. busy with stuff... what about you gals?
C: Just came back from Tokyo... blah blah blah...
K: I see... so Pri..what stuff are you busy with? Why so tight lipped? Spill the beans..
Me: Huh? Busy with work and some church stuff ...
K: You do know that C and I don't believe you right? C'mon... are you seeing anyone? Interested in anyone? Out with it.. What church stuff huh? What about office?
Me: I think you gals have gone ballistic... Anyway, it's nice to receive your email finally, K, and know that you're still alive.
K: Don't even try to change the topic, Pri. Out with it.
Me: I think you people are horrible...


Another conversation in office:
S: How come you're still in office, Pris? Leaving soon?
Me: Yeah... in awhile... still too early for my lesson.
S: Lesson? I thought you completed ur uni last year?
Me: Yeah, I was done with uni last year... it's a church course I'm attending tonight...
S: Oh I see.... What course you attending... Marriage Course? Who's going with you, huh?
Me o.O???: NOooOoo.... It's not a marriage course laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
S laughing: So, are you in love?
Me: HUH?! Say what?!
S laughing: I thought you looked like you're in love of late.
Me -.-!!!: What're you talking about? I look the same everyday!!!
S: *snigger*snigger* that's what u think!
Me: Hmmm... I think I should leave the office now... hehe..


Overseas call from a friend:
M: Yo woman, when you coming to visit me huh?
Me: When I feel like it... hehehe... so how's everything down under?
M: Everything's ok... what about you? How's it going, huh?
Me: I'm good too...
M: Are you dating anyone?
Me: Not you toooooo!!!!


(More... as of 17 Aug 06) MSN Conversation 1:

Me seeing RY's nick, msned him: I like the drink Calpis Grape too! After you recommended it to me for my Japan trip la.
RY: Yeah, nice right?
Me: Yup! =)
RY on seeing my MSN pic: Wah... what a kawaii pic..
Me: Haha... issit? thought of changing pic liao..
RY: Why? nice what...Wah... ur pic like u beaming with radiance.
Me: Issit? No la.. Lighting I bet.
RY: Usually only one reason explains such beaming radiance. Falling in love...
Me: Yeah right... lighting la!!!



You wouldn't believe this.. neither did I.. Msn Conversation 2 at the same time with RY:


S: *Nudge*Nudge*

Me: Yo.. wassssup!!! =)

S: How come never reply to my email?

Me: What email?

S: The other time I mass send out to everyone in office wan..

Me: I see...you already say its attentioned to mass what... hehe.

S: So how Pris, got bf not? Is anyone chasing you?

Me: Huh? Where did that come from?



Sigh.... if only my friends can understand that falling in love isn't part of a plan. Or at least change their target to poke fun at... hehehe. There's a season and time for everything and I guess the season now I have to face is their teasing... hehe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi babe,

I think I'm one of those friends ; ) Gonna ask you again next time I have chance to write you email, so, are you still single? Hehehe....talk to you soon...

Tiger said...

tell them you are dating (seriously and not play play) and going for marriage preparation course with and for Jesus!!!
God Bless :) haha..

Prisca said...

>Caroline: Hey babe, thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog..at least I know you do read it.. HAHAHA (Can't say bad things about you now..just kiddin!). I'm glad you know that you're one of those friends.. hahaah...But ur asking has more power... (e.g. Matchmaking me all the way from Canada!!) haha STILL WANNA ASK ME?! Lol... Ok.. I tell you the truth.. I'm *beep*beep*beep* (CENSORED) heheh... okie look forward to ur email! HAHAHA..WRITE SOON! <-this is an order..

>Tiger: Hehehe...tried & failed... they tell me not to use Jesus as a defence (dang jian pai).. :) Thanks for the suggestion though!