Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Hog & A Wild Boar

A Hog & A Wild Boar
My team went to Hog's Breathe at Chjimes for a farewell lunch for LayHoon today.
(painted wall...cute)
(the team..)
(Prime Ribs which I shared with Cally... Yum...)
So while we were happily chomping away on our food... somehow the conversation led to the question of "What's the difference between a hog & a wild boar?". Some of us were guessing that wild boar had tusks beside the nose while hogs didn't, whereas some of us shook our heads and disagreed.


Anyone wanna make a guess? Before you HIGHLIGHT the answer in pink below... make some guesses!! (Note: Heyheyhey!! No cheating!! :D) My colleague Liz found out the difference from the Australian Oxford Paperback Dictionary that was lying around on my manager, Ms. Cheang's desk (Ms. Cheang has gone for maternity leave so we helped ourselves to her dictionary..hehe)...
When I read the definitions... I laughed. I thought the defintions were pretty farnie.





Answer:
A hog is a male castrated pig reared for meat. A boar is 1. a wild pig 2. an uncastrated domesticated pig.

2 comments:

Tiger said...

diaoz.... indeed. really diaoz....

=_="

Prisca said...

>Tiger: heheheh... well at least now we know the difference! :P