Sunday, January 15, 2006

Japan Through My Eyes

Once upon a time, 3 geeks decided that it's about time they had a vacation and so they purchased their air tickets (btw my air ticket was free cos I clocked in mileage..hee hee) and flew to the Land of the rising sun...JAPAN! So here we are, the 3 geeks at the boarding area.. all set for our vacation.



Geeky me playing with 'my baby' at the new K.L airport during our transit. Yesssss people... I do wear specs okie!!



We reached Narita and met up with Bearbear who had arrived about an hour or so before us. There, we got acquainted with Bearbear's sister, Laura - an outgoing and hilarious babe! Laura drove us back to where our home for the next 8 days would be and we got changed, had a nice breakfast.

(Today's breakfast consists of light & buttery Jap croissants, fried rice, siew mai, sausages, har kau, and baked beans..mmmm...variety is always welcome!)

As it was still early, we decided to go to Tokyo after lunch to do some light exploration.Brilliant!! I thought to myself. Tokyo on my arrival sounds lovely already.... begining to love my trip! From where we stayed - Chiba, we walked to the nearest train station which was Tsuga and the overhead tracks that you see are actually monorail tracks. I like this shot I took! The guys agree it was nice too! (Of cos it was nice!! The photographer was a natural!! hahaha... Per bearbear's quote: 'Self praise is no praise')



Train arrived and as you can see from the pic below, we have freshened up and are all geared for Tokyo!! (Or at least I was.. haha)





Something to note in the train that tells you that you are in Japan:




Dinosaur heads as human heads for advertisements. Sweet.

1st stop: Harajuku!

Japanese say: "We Love Our Town Harajuku!"



I say: "I love your town Harajuku too!!" Lol..




The malls are so pretty....




Here's a pic of Laura & myself.... the 2 lovely babes (haha..shameless) for the next 8 days!! hahaha..


Don't you think Laura is very similar looking to bearbear? I feel they are like replicas of each other only one in a female form and the other male. =)


Laura's friend brought us to this place for lunch and they were supposed to be quite good in their noodles / ramen....Looks interesting enough... hopefully so is the food!!



As you can see from the pic below, inside the eatery is a lil cramp and while waiting for our seats... Pouyan (I hope I spelt his name right) and I took a picture together. Pouyan - Iranian who grew up in America is one heck of a cool dude! He never fail to make me or anyone of us laugh real hard... I think his humour is a rarity thesedays!



The guys wanted a shot of themselves too. tsk.. tsk.. so vain..hahaha.. nah... kiddin.. I got them started. And then!! Our food arrived and this was what I had for lunch:



Ramen with pork. The soup was MmmmMMmmMmmm......MmmMm.....simply delectable!!! Still can't believe I'm in Japan savouring its Ramen!!!!! My first meal at a Jap eatery cost me... *drum rolls* 650 Yen. (Note: 1000 Yen is approximately 15 SGD so you do the math!) Did I say I love Japan earlier? hehehe.. By now.. I'm pretty much convinced that marrying a nice & cute Jap guy is a swell notion. Hee hee..


Okie.. when I said marrying a Jap guy.. I don't mean a guy with a mohawk hairdo and wings behind him okie!! Are you crazy?! What were you thinking?!! hahahaha..... I have exotic taste but it doesn't mean I like this! Wahahahahaha...


This is me with another bunch of harajukus.. and the xena-like pink harajuku as you probably guessed is a guy..I tell you.. his eyeliner is drawn MUCH better than me for your information. And I do agree with what Merv said about this pic. I was the only one posing with a "V" sign whereas they were posing normally...ironic...that my pose looked more "harajuku" than them. This bunch weren't exactly very enthusiastic to snap a pic with me though. Oh well..... so much for dressing up for attention and then not being enthusiastic when shown attention!! haha..


The group below were much much friendlier when approached. The girl in entire red and black dress with jetblack hair was nice. She agreed to take a group shot with her group of Harajuku pals. So that's why my group of friends crammed in to take our 1st group shot in Japan together.

Sometimes I look at this pic and I wonder who are the weirdos. Us or them? Hahahaha... Anyway that's it for tonight. For now, sleep beckons..... I'm gonna turn in and dream of my Jap Ramen... hahaha..




7 comments:

Tiger said...

wah, i wait so long, finally you lay some eggs. hehe... nice group pics with real japanese ppl.

and yeah man, the brudder, sister look so alike in a nice way. Guy look like guy, girl look like girl yet, there is some magical chemistry look they have.

faster, faster.. the rest...

Anonymous said...

Oh my... Changky and his sis really look alike man! It's so uncanny!

Anyway, we didn't go Hirajuku the last time, but from the looks of it, we would've seemed very outa place too! Haha... esp standing next to Mr. Punk there. :P

Prisca said...

>Tiger: Hahaha.. good things must wait. Hee hee... chey... self praise again.. lol. another entry half way done but i was too tired to continue last night.. Yeah they look so alike..

>Inky: Yeah!! When I saw Laura for the 1st time I was like O.O!! Haha.. Mr. Punk was actually much nicer than Xena doll wannabe actually... I like his 'teddybear' sling bag! Hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!! Is that a BIG BRUTISH LOOKING GUY wearing the pink strawberry shortcake outfit???

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6328/644/1600/IMG_8297.jpg

Soooooooooooooooooooo bleachhhhh... Hahahaha...

Prisca said...

>sir ink: Yessss! That's right. It's a big brutish guy in a strawberry shortcake outfit. U had a perfect description of HIM. =) We saw some really fat guys dressed up as Pikachus as well but didn't snap any pics of them.

Amleth said...

Haha, don't you think my sis is slim and pretty? Since I look like my sister, by logical deduction .... hahaha.

Errm, no lar, my sister is slim and pretty, but I'm fat and ugly. Biiiiiig difference.

Prisca said...

>Amleth: Yes, you're right! Ur sis is slim & pretty and since u look like ur sis by logical deduction, you're pretty too! Hee hee...

*AHEM* Ermmm...If u think u're fat & ugly ...Would you like me to BLOG about ur Jap stewardess saga? Hahaha.... I dun think she thinks that way. =)