Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Gonna miss you......

Received an email from Boss today.. telling us that we may be shifting to new deskstations (same floor still.. just different place) cos we are expanding. Man, I just shifted to this seat like last year say ... July / August 2004? Or was it September 04? Can't recall but the point is.. I have grown accustomed to my new seat already! Uuurrgghh.. had a great seat previously .. was in the room where it was quiet & peaceful. Then shifted to the current seat (outside the room) and though it was noisy (there's this guy who's so loud.. he can win a loudspeaker 'throatsdown', not handsdown mind you.) And the worst is he speaks loudly in HOKKIEN...
Anyway, we soon became immune to Mr. Hokkien Siren and the great and fun thing about my current seat is sitting near boss.. (1st hand news..jokes.. ok you get the drift.) Now we're gonna 'relocate' again and its not confirmed for me if I will be shifting (I reckon most likely.. but the rest and majority of them are..)..
I'm gonna miss my work station.... here's a pic.. (I know.. its messy....)



There's the wombat and the london bear plushie on the top right hand corner of the pic. Wombat given to me by Brian when he went to Australia (Wombat is call Fatso), London Bear plushie from Khanh (No name yet for london bear). A Crown Relocations Lion plushie given by our vendor Crown (But they gave it to Kate & Kate gave it to me..)

On the same shelf to the left of the plushies is a fako red digital canon camera that Angie passed to me for fun and says thats my 'spy cam' and to the left ot it is a blue evil clown figurine that Big Patrick (Previous colleague also call Patrick..he is the caucasian guy standing with me on one of the pics on my office wall.. if you squint harder..) It's an evil clown cos its holding an ice cream with a hammer at the back of him..but its too tiny to be seen here. To the left of Mr. Evil Clown is Mr. & Mrs. Incredibles figurine.. got that from a drinking cup when I watched the incredibles. Further left of the incredibles are the 'peeping toms'. They look as though are peeping from the side of the wall, don't they? They are actually some Sesame Street toy collectibles that I collected during those days where you buy a McDonald's happy meal and it comes with a free toy.

And as you can see.. the rest are pics and postcards on the wall and some other plushies like the Burger King Reindeer.. she's cute.. and the 'Cheshire cat' on my CPU from Alice in Wonderland. Sigh.... SoooOo gonna miss my current desk.. (if I relocate..)

Anyway.. I pray that if I really do relocate.. there will be enough shelf space.. wall space for my plushies, postcards and pics..

Good news today is ... HB suddenly called my name in an exciting manner "PRIIIS-CIII-LLLA!!" O.O? Waahhtt? HB: "I got selected!!!!!" Pris: "Yayyyyy!!!!! Erm.. for what?" HB: "The Hokkaido Exchange Program!!" Pris: "Really? Coooool.....so when you flying?" .....*trails off to exchange of information and congrats from fellow colleagues nearby...*

As I resume back to my desk.. I suddenly recalled what my supervisor, Lien, told me yesterday. *SOBssssss* Lien, this is shocking news!! Still is to me.. though I know you are not here for long term and would head back to Melbourne one day. BUTTTTTT, I still can't swallow that it's that soon. Man, I think I am a creature of habit. But working with Lien has been fantastic.. I learned a lot from her and her sense of humour never fail to crack me up. Gonna miss you too... I really wonder how fast the transition of the current account to someone else would be. As much as I want it to be ASAP so that I can start something new and the feeling of something new always makes someone looks forward to it.. BUT on the other hand.. the faster we transition off..it would mean the faster Lien would return to Melbourne. Gosh! I know nothing will make her stay cos her work here is just really to gain more exposure. And I learned sooOo much from her since July last year!

Oh well.. it just means I have another friend in Melbourne that I can visit when I head down to Aussie someday to visit Jane, Nathanael and now Lien going forward. Not you know why I have to visit so many places cos alot of my friends are like all over the world (As detailed below)

Ex-colleague Annie & hubby Thomas - Bonn, Germany

Ex-colleague Anke - Stuttgart, Germany

Ex-colleague Caroline & hubby Joe - Calgary, Canada

Ex-colleague Petrina & hubby Bryan - Sydney, Australia

Ex-colleague Jane & hubby Nathanael - Melbourne, Australia

Ex-coursemate Apple & hubby Kafoon - Shanghai

Ex-colleague Patrick C. - San Diego, USA

Now I have to add Lien in the list together with Jane & Nathanael as they are all from Melbourne. Sigh...........And they are all my ex-colleagues or coursemates.. and the people on the list (other than Patrick C.) have been bugging me to visit them for the longest time ever!! *Aww... guys... realise that all of you are really at the ends of the globe? The hole in my pocket would be as big as the ozone layer if I visit everyone of you consecutively..*

Anyway, realised that I have yet to go to BANGKOK, GREECE (my honeymoon place), JAPAN, CAIRO, ISTANBUL, VIETNAM, OSLO, FINLAND, etc.... I better start building my network.. hahah..

4 comments:

Alvin said...

I've yet to go some places also, need to brush up my Jap b4 going to Japan.....Just look at INK's trip, really great....

hmm...i'm online at night usually, as I seldom chat during working hours ^_^

Prisca said...

No need to brush up Jap then go Japan.. :) OTT.. "On Tour Training" Eh.. m online now.. don't see you also. But heading off to bed soon.. wahah

Merv Kwok said...

wah nice cubicle! mine is like the sahara desert. barren and ermm... empty. the other day two of my collegues (ignore wrong spelling pls) put this fake pink floral arrangement on my monitor. we removed it recently. think one of my new workmates is ghey. so we got scared haha.

Anonymous said...

Yes, agreed with your friend Mervyn that your cubicle is nice and spacious! And it must feels homely with the pics and toys and postcards. looks like a creative booth! - JP