Friday, April 15, 2005

Friday, 15th April 2005

Alas, it's Friday! (Though it's Saturday when I blogged this..and I am blogging while watching 'Romance of the 3 Kingdoms which I would say is interestingly boring yet ironically amazes me at the sametime!)


Went to work as usual and couldn't wait for the day to end to attend caregroup. Oh and after caregroup, Yan, Angie, Yilin & I were meeting up for a round of pool as well as some drinks (NON-alcoholic, mind you). Yan said he will come fetch me after my caregroup.. YAY!! Thanks Yan!!
Mid-noon and I was glad that my inbox shranked to it's normal size with regards to the amount of incoming mail and work to be done. (More incoming mails means more work basically.) Such a lovely Friday!!

Met up with Imelda for lunch and I was delighted to see her after so long. First thing she said to me was even before she started eating her Jap lunch was "Girl, you very busy hor! You know how long since I last saw you, other than that day I coincidentally met you at PartyWorld Karaoke on your birthday........You ar.. everytime so busy.. projects ...assignments...conference calls... work... going out.. meeting friends.. hanging out with ur friends..Am I not your friend? Huh? And then...."


*Pris trails off as I realised I had opened a floodgate. Imelda's floodgate*


When she said that to me..I had a 5 seconds flashback to my birthday in March and finally traced back to the memory of seeing her that eventful day. Glanced at my watch and it indicated 15th April 2005. Standard dateline for filing my income tax. Oh yeah.. dang! I lost my e-filing pin, misplaced it somewhere and made a mental note to myself to call IRAS later to re-send me another pin since they have graciously extended the dateline till end of April for people like me. (All this was on my head while Imelda's foodgate continued to flood)


*OooPs! Where was I? Diverse off course.. Realise how fast I am thinking of something else while Imelda bombards me non-stop about how I have neglected her* I admit. I am guilty of neglecting her.
'Okiee babe..I'll meet up with ya and hang out with ya more often alright?' I said to her. Imelda paused. *Goodness.. this gal actually pauses? Kiddin..* She relented and spared my life (and agony) and agreed to my proposal. Nevertheless, I am grateful to have a friend like her. We went through so much together.. (E.g. Pontang [skipped] school together *ahem* since primary 5 is one of the plentiful examples of the things we did when we were younger) I know some of you reading this blog would most likely go O.O!! Primary 5?! Pris?! You?! Unbelievable! Yeah I know.. Those were the days.


*Fast forward and soon it was caregroup.. * Felt an undescribable sense of joy when I saw my fellow churchmates. I wonder why. Guess cos God's presence was there. The lesson was meaningful but I kept glancing at the clock. Dang.. How come Yan didn't call me yet to say he is here? Anyway when the gals prayed together.. I dun know why I felt a warm presence around me. It felt ....nice? Or was I imagining things? But I did realised that when my mind was away for a few seconds.. I couldn't feel the warm presence anymore. I don't know how to describe it. But this was the second time I felt like this. The other time I kindof brushed it aside when I felt the warmth. The first time was more intense. It felt as though someone hugged me from behind. ..that kind of warm glow. Anyway, when caregroup came to an end I checked my mobile and realised that it was dead. Good grief!!! It's a no wonder I couldn't receive. Tried to revive my phone and managed to see a few texts from Angie and Yan. Poor Yan, he said he have been waiting for half an hour driving up and down the place trying to find me.. Awww.. My bad!! Truly sorry for making you wait!


When I made a speedy gonzales for the door while saying my goodbyes to my fellow churchmates.. received a last text from Yan that he couldn't find me and he droved off to meet the rest. *Pris wails...* And my phone went dead at that instant. Great. Now I have to make my own way to find them and without a mobile to contact them.


*Met Sherlene and her beau on the train while making my way to find the peeps and catch up with her alittle over (though she is also my colleague from the same dept. but different account) the short train ride from City Hall to Orchard...somehow.. the conversation led to Yan..* [Yan, if you are ever reading this blog which I doubt U ever will...realise how much everyone cares about you?]


Finally met the peeps who were truly understanding of how late I was. Thank God for these muffins! Lovely people. We had a good session of pool while laughing and poking fun at one another.. Then my stomach growled.. *growled..growled...* [Pris to her stomach: "Okie..Okie.. I will feed you.."] We played our last round and went for supper at Coffee Club and Yilin recommended the Garlic Prawn pasta & Sotong (Or was it fish?) balls to us and I added on another of their recommended dish 'Pacific Mussels in Chili Crab Sauce & Man Tou (Fried buns)' Yummy! Ate, chat, (The garlic prawn pasta was scrumptous!) and soon realised it was close to 4am. The folks agreed in unison that it was time to hit the sack and we departed on our ways. Wanted to catch a cab further down so Yan and I walked further down to hail a cab for me. He was walking back to his car, not cos we specifically wanted to walk together ok!! Yan asked me where do I stay and I said "-e--n" (<--security reasons la!) and he said he can give me a lift. wooOohooOo..great! Hahaha.. cheapskates.


On the way to find his car which took almost an eternity .. and somewhat of a little adventure (we found ourselves at some dark, gloomy, smelly, stinking, garbage trash site at the back of Lucky Plaza where Yan supposedly park his car and all the while I was wailing if he is gonna 'sell me' away and procrastinating in a joking manner that I should have taken a cab instead..while covering my nose to avoid breathing in the stench.. and Yan just LAUGHED. Great.) *Typical Yan, always making booboos & yet he is so farny & crappy at the same time..haha* Alas, we found his car and he drove me home. He told me something after which when I put two and two together.. I should have known. No wonder the poor fella couldn't find his car. Mind's away.


Went home, bathed and finally my body was horizontal again. This is my Friday. (Mental note to myself: To pray for a number of people including Yan.)
Oh yes.. Yilin, before I forget.. wanna say to you that you look really nice last night.. in case you read this sometime but NEVER LEFT ME ANY MESSAGES OR COMMENTS!*grins*
And oh yes!! Pumpkins... I wanna announce something!! *Ahem clears throat* I officially announce that.. *drum rolls* (<--"Wah lau!! Pris!! Get on with it!! I can hear those you know!! Though you ain't physically with me now..) I have booked my tickets to Europe! hehehe.. As I announced that I can literally see 1,157 buckaroos (including taxes) waving goodbye to me from my bank. Flying British Airways straight flight to Frankfurt 1st. Departure date: 22nd June 2005. Can't wait.

4 comments:

Paul said...

waaaaaaaaaa

I'm officially green! have a good on in Europe!

Prisca said...

:D thank you U.. thank you U.. hahah

Anonymous said...

Whoopeee!!! Hope you qualify for a free business class upgrade too! And do take lotsa lotsa lotsa pictures ya! A LOT! =D

Really glad you enjoyed care group too! I think it's really amazing to experience the Holy Spirit moving among you. When you open your heart to God, anything is possible!

Prisca said...

Thank U, bro! But I dun wanna put my hopes too high on the free business upgrade. :) hehe.. will ask my colleague Angie to take lots of pic.. probably lend her my SD Card or something. Hehe..

:) Yup.. it's a nice experience feeling the Holy Spirit moving among us.