Monday, August 29, 2005

2-0, 2-0

I had a hectic day on Monday. I felt so "popular" when I logged onto my office email, had tons of "fan mail" from my "ardent expats".... SiGh!!! That's what happens when you are so "popular".


Was concentrating hard on some of the emails.... of late I realised that I have a lot of "high maintenance" expats.. who ask for the world.. when their company pays (I cannot say peanuts already thanks to TT Durai) .. okie lemme rephrase.. when their company is a scrooge.
Half way thru my work.. had to leave my desk for the upcoming D&D rehearsal. Yes... I am in it. Not telling you what role I play!!!

Anyway ... lemme fast forward to what's 2-0, 2-0.
This day is going to go down in my history. I am so gonna boast to my grandkids next time.. "hey your grandma, whipped some guy's ass in a pool competition!" haha.. but of cos.. seriously .. it was cos the Lord is with me. Went to the pool competition held at Marina Square Super Bowl. This is an annual CPA competition amongst the big 4 and other financial institutions and its my FIRST time playing in a serious competition, representing my firm!


We were practicing halfway when a group of men representing ?PMG (Need to protect name.. hahah) came and saw us gals playing. I was with Liz and Angie. And they just played amongst themselves and they were real GOOD. Soon, the representatives from the rest of the big 4 firms came.


Compeition started. There was 5 sets in 1 match. 1 match will have 5 different players. And each player is supposed to play 3 rounds and the winner would be the best of 2 rounds of cos!! Duh!! Hehe. Alex was representing my group first. I just got to know Alex from GFS .. nice chap.. cool guy. I didn't wanna watch the match at all as it made me even more nervous.. so I continued practicing with Liz and Angie. Angie was number 2 player and I was number 3. Liz was representing us but another team. When it was the girls turn to play, we found out that the nerdy yet SNOBBISH men from ?PMG REFUSES TO PLAY WITH US GIRLS!!! Oh those MCPS!! *grumbles* Why? Cos we are GIRLS!! The nerve of those snobs!! U pay me to play with them I would sooO think twice!! Reputation at stake!!


So anyway, we ended playing with the other 2 more gentlemanly firms *Applause goes to such gentlemanly local guys who are like a rare sight these days!!* and it turn out nice. When it was my turn, I was almost peeing in my pants (well actually I was wearing a skirt.. cos I didn't know it was the actual day of the competition) and butterflies in my stomach. Played with this guy called Adrian. I was thinking on my toes all the time. Snook him, how to play from here? What should I play? How should my facing be? But I decided to forget about all those and said "Lord, I dedicate this game to You".


Every time I played, I asked the Lord: "You with me? You with me?" I heard a firm "Yes, right beside you" in my heart and with each shot, I putted a ball. Though there were times I didn't pocketed a ball, the poor bloke, Adrian was errr.. nervous? I dun know.. cos I saw his fingers shaking.. Poor thing! I don't bite!! Hehe.. Anyway, the 1st round, we ended up fighting for black and he pocketed the black......... in the wrong pocket, so I won. Praise God! 2nd round, I kindof thrash him and I pocketed the black ball with a double shot. I saw the guys around me drop jaws.. I heard *gasps* I felt good.. and I told the Lord: "Yes!! Thank Youuuuuuuuu" So it was my first 2-0.


The next round, strangely... we had to play against my own company but another team..and I played with a very petite girl who was cute and steady. first round was a bit long for me.. cos she took some time to decide what she wanna play. But that's ok.. it gave me time to look around to see the rest of the people who were competing nearby. Anyway, I won Mohan (? think thats her name..) in the first round and in the second round.. I was consistent and pocketed 5 balls in a single shot (What did I tell ya about having the Lord with you? ;> ) and won 2-0. I won't come back for the 2nd round of pool.. cos I have got DnD rehearsals.. but it felt really good.. to play in competitve mode.. and a bunch of strangers.. oh yah and not forgetting a handful of snobs.

No comments: