Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Reliving Sesame Street

(Overdued post but I'll post it for memory sake anyway... lol)
Reliving Sesame Street
[Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away.
On my way to where the air is sweet.
Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Streeeeeet!]


I finally know how to get to Sesame Street! For real! Hehe.
Depending on where you are that is... I was at Somerset after church one Sunday
And along with my chums like Jerilee and Merv, we three troopers set off to get to Sesame Street! Oh yes! Before we set off, here are some pics. Dorcas, Me and Jerilee in the same colour! What a coincidence!


Meng chong = "Daddy" potential in training. Haha. He's the first male in our caregroup that can make baby Ashley sleep so soundly in public! Hehehe.




As I was saying we were in Somerset area, so we took the train down to Pasir Ris where the Sesame Street live performance would be (It's not free if that notion flew across your mind... we paid a WHOOPING 40 buckaroos to relive our childhood...). Hehe.
Upon our arrival at Pasir Ris train station, we had to take a shuttle bus 354 from the Pasir Ris bus interchange area (btw, here's a trivial pursuit: anybody knows whats the diff between shuttle bus or feeder bus?) to where the performance was held in Downtown East. I was telling some folks that I have no idea why Downtown East is called Downtown East cos it sure isn't downtown at all!!!!! Even if it is supposed to be in downtown of the east area!!
(waiting for bus)


Finally........ *drum rolls* Ladies and Gentlemen.. boys and girls...
I present to you..... Sesame Street .. (found!!!) hehehe..
So while walking in to where the performance was held... we took a lot of cheesy but fun pictures together...
I liked this picture. It looks as though Jerilee and I are holding Elmo's hand.
Now... it's time for the performance!!!
Jerilee and I sang along to many of the Sesame street songs and all of us had a ball of a time reliving our memories.
There was Big Bird (lots of kids were screaming they like big bird), Elmo, Zoey, Cookie Monster, Oscar the Grouch, The martians that always go "yipyipyipyip" (If you grew up with Sesame street you'll know what I mean), Bert & Ernie, The count, 1 Honker, Telly Monster, Grover, etc. Can't recall all. That was how far we were from the stage. And as you can see from the pic below, the number of that day was......2!
(The different names of Sesame Street in other countries)
There was a 15mins intermission. (I think the people in the sesame street suits need a break too.. heheheh) and Jerilee spotted this lil' rugrat that was soooOooooo cute! See her photo below!!! We tried to ask her over but she didn't budge(smart lass!) so I had to zoomed my camera all the way to try to snap a pic of her. I wanna play with her chubby cheeks!!!
And that was how to get to Sesame Street! Hehe. Anyone wanna make a guess on who my favourite Sesame Street Character is? If you get it right... you'll win my *drum rolls* Sesame Street ticket stub!! Wahahahahah... just kiddin... (Disclaimer: Merv & Jerilee, you're barred from this ... haha).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post!!! Ok lemme see:
Shuttle Bus - shuttles u from place to place.
Feeder Bus - u must feed it coins before it takes u from place to place. :P

Is your favourite character cookie monster?

Prisca said...

>inky: =) Gee.. thanks, bro! Wahahah.... i like ur differentiations between shuttle and feeder bus. =)

NOPE. Cookie monster is not my fave sesame street character. =)

Anonymous said...

Aiyah... I remember you told me the other day but I just cannot remember! Is it big bird? :P

Prisca said...

>inky: =) Yes, I did mentioned before the other day... hehehe... but nope.. big bird isn't my fave sesame street character.

Gabster said...

wah.. haha.. that's a good explanation for the shuttle and feeder bus.. haha

fav character... hmm.. lemme guess.. Bert & Ernie? I know got 2 names.. but I forgot who is who liao.. haha :P

Prisca said...

>gabster: so is your guess Bert? Or issit Ernie?

Gabster said...

haha... cannot guess 2 names at one time?? hehe.. ok ok.. I think its Ernie.. cos he's the mischevious one, with a lot of quacky ideas, right? hehe

Anonymous said...

Hey! I went for the performance too!! *giggle* my sister smuggled kang & i in and we were sitting on the first row!! I managed to hug my fav elmo too!! It was a great performance, Kang & I enjoyed so much, of cos the free seats too. *LoL*

Prisca said...

>Serene: U did? What a coincidence! This world is too small! Hehe... Kang must have been delighted.