Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I wanna comPrain

I wanna comPrain:

Hehe... these are some trivial everyday peeves that sometimes drives us nuts. See if you will find yourself in similar situations as I did.


1. 25,000-29,000 cabs in Singapore and I could not even flag down one available cab at 1020pm at Bugis Junction last Thursday.


2. When I finally flagged down an available cab, the taxi driver asked me if I am going to Changi Airport as he is going there, I said no and he drove off. I think Singapore is one of the few countries in the world that there are a number (I'm not saying all but there are more than a handful) of taxi drivers that actually chooses the destination for the passengers. *I think it's ok if they are changing shift, are "on-call" and shows the on-call sign or heading home. BUT NOT WHEN ITS NONE OF SUCH SITUATIONS!!* Amazing, huh?


3. Some pint size women always like to touch, push and then shove my back when the train is about to stop but have not come to a complete halt to open the doors.


4. Some pint size women (I believe they are probably the same group from point 3 above)would end up stepping on my shoes somehow while making our way to the mrt gantries.


5. Once more, some pint size women (I believe its the same group as points 3 & 4...AGAIN) would "Tssssssk" pretty loudly at me when I turned around to see who stepped on my shoes, eventhough I was the victim.


6. People who jammed up the queue every morning at the MRT gantry when the gantry could not capture their EZ-link card in their bag to let them pass through. And they rather try their luck by placing their bags on all 360 degree angles instead of taking the card out of the bag to tap the system sensor.


7. People who halt in the middle of the right lane of the MRT escalator and caused a queue by answering a call/sms on their mobile phone. I wonder which part of having a MOBILE phone do they not understand?


8. People who come into the lift on the 17th floor to press the lift to the 18th floor or come in at the 24th floor to press the lift for the 25th floor when I am supposedly alone in the lift and my office is 26th floor!! For this reason, my lift ride becomes 5mins and I have to factor that into my waking up and travelling time to the office!!


9. Some people dry their hands off me (literally) by flicking their wet hands vigorously after a wash at the lavatory basin.

10. Some people do not dry their hands off victims like me but they dry it off by opening the toilet door. And guess who comes along to open the SAME DOOR with the SAME DOOR HANDLE? And we wonder how germs are spread?


11. Taxi auto-doors that I have to open manually, cos most cab drivers don't open it for you.


12. Reaching out to open the taxi auto-doors thinking that most cab drivers don't open for you and it opens automatically and slams into your thigh.


13. Friends of mine who renamed scary trailer videos and files as "beautiful scenery" and send them to unsuspecting, scaredy cat victims like me.
Can you think of anymore daily life peeves? Feel free to add on.

4 comments:

Gabster said...

well.. I had a lady who's sitting down in front of me kicking my bag (accidentally) when lifting up her legs, and leaving a footprint on it (2 separate actions).. all without even apologizing.. its like she didn't even realise it when so much force is exerted! I even made the action of wiping the footprint off my bag in front of her, and she take me as transparent!! haha... jialat man..

Anonymous said...

There was this time I was taking a bus and happened to be sitting along the aisle. The bus was packed and there was this guy standing pretty close beside me. Suddenly he let loose a huge sneeze right on my head! And that, is the REAL reason why my hair has been dropping ever since then.

Prisca said...

>gabster & ink: Hmmmmmm...i wonder what happens if we put 2 and 2 together. maybe should introduce the lady in gab's case to the guy in ink's case. So if the guy sneezes his potent sneeze onto the lady that kicked gab's bag... maybe the lady will kick him out of natural reaction? Hehee...problem solved. just kiddin.

Merv Kwok said...

people who sleep on the bus and use other people as pillows. there are so many narcoleptic people on the bus i take. whee