Sunday, November 06, 2005

Riverwalk, Vanilla Sky & Herbal Black Bat Soup

Riverwalk


Went to Riverwalk apartment to recce the place for the coming Christmas party so that the Christmas Comittee (which includes me obviously) can plan the activities better. The place is located just next to Boat Quay and had an incredible view of the Central Business District Area of Shenton Way as well as the Singapore River. Check it out...(its small & not so clear cos zoomed and taken from my mobile phone)

Think the view at night will be spectacular especially during Christmas with all the lighting and decorations.



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Vanilla Sky

After Riverwalk, I went over to Kirsten's as agreed and after her bath, we headed to Bugis to do a little shopping for her as she wanna get some skirts. We had to head back to her place after shopping as we are meeting Sandy, Kim and Peikey to cook for dinner tonight. While driving back to her place from Bugis.. (Kirsten.. its so nice that you can drive now.. heehee..cos we can go even more places when Aunty Alice leaves you the car.. & I am still waiting for our durian feast in Geylang can!! We really oughtta do that soon before ur return to Taz, PLSSSSSSSSSSS...ur lazy friend here has got durian withdrawal symptoms for a few lightyears already)



Anyway ... while driving back.. I noticed that the sky was in a lovely hue and with the way the clouds were scattered over the evening sky.. it was a fine view. Not sure if you can see clearly from the tiny pic below.. but if you can't .. sorry but me no digi cam and i've tried my bestest to capture the sight with a mobile cam (with Kirsten slowing down her driving..so sweet of her!) mind you.

Quote from the movie Vanilla Sky "Forget everything you know about life, and just open your eyes..."


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Herbal Black Bat Soup

Reached Kirsten's and while waiting for the rest of the ladies to arrive (also waiting for them to buy the herbs necessary to boil with the soup), Kirsten and I decided to prepare the food first. Kirsten took out the black chicken from the fridge and showed me... we chuckled as we saw the black chicken's state. The chicken looked as though a tank just ran over it and it was as flat as a compact camera. Don't believe me? See for yourself..




Told ya its flat, didn't I? This is what I call a palmtop chicken.. hahaha..Though the shot wasn't taken well, this is the ENTIRE chicken for your information. I told Kirsten and Sandy that I suspect its a bat not a black chicken and they laughed. When dinner was ready, I didn't touch the chicken except the soup which was really tasty ... and Sandy teased me saying that its not a bat but a black chicken and that its safe to eat the chicken...lol..As much as I love my meats.. I decided to pass..

I didn't snap the rest of the dishes we (or more like Kirsten who cooked them all) ate, but we had brown rice that night and it tasted much better than I expected and I like the texture of the rice.. gonna persuade my mum to switch to brown rice going forward when she cooks.

4 comments:

Tiger said...

wah, riverwalk is next to my office lor, never come say hi.. haha...

Prisca said...

>Tiger: Issit? Didn't know... Anyway it was on Sunday mah.. so can't say hi to u..u not in office..lol..

Merv Kwok said...

damn powder sia eh ur hp cam!

Gabster said...

yeah.. agree with merv. and great shots, especially for the clouds