Sunday, July 31, 2005

Priorities

Priorities
Won't you come and have a good talk with me?
Pass a little moment by....
I'm your friend, your listener...
You're always busy..but won't you even try?


Won't you come and spend some time with me?
I'm waiting here for you day by day...
I want so much to get close to you
But you seem to push me far away...


Won't you hold my hand & follow me?
I want to guide you all the way...
It hurts to see you tired & struggling,
disappointed & even in dismay...


You need to know your priorities
What's important versus urgency...
You need to open up to me...
Just trust in me...I won't let go... this I guarantee.


This poem is dedicated to God. Telling me to spend more time with Him and in His presence. Work and final semester of school has caught up with me .. so much so that my priorities are kindof not aligned with Him. Lord, I miss You very much and I wanna re-aligned myself with you again.


Help me to prioritise You first and everything else in my life after You. I need to learn to trust that when I walk close and walk right with You, you're in charge and everything will always turn out fine.














7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prisca...a very nice poem indeed! Also reminded me to rely on him and look to him, not just in times of trouble or need, but ALL THE TIME. Hmm...maybe I can try to compose a song with your poem....the Aspiring Song composer AKA Mermaid

Alvin said...

Very nice poem, didn't know you like to write poems.

I guess everyone needs to pause and look unto him, all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to hear that you want to prioritize! It's not easy especially with 1,000,000 things to do. But, I guess it all starts with the mindset of wanting to and somehow God will make a way.

Gabster said...

wow! finally see a poem again after a long interval! Good poem, speaks to me also.. Must do more of this!! hee

Prisca said...

>Hey Didi, thanks for the message! Fully recovered already!

>Hi Mermaid!! Rare appearance... special guest star!! Thanks for your message. Encourages me to have more poems.. hehe.. & am sure you will do well in composing of songs... let us hear it when it's done? :)

>Hi Alvin! Another gues appearance.. hehe.. Yeah ... sometimes I prefer poems to a journal entry to express my feelings.. And agree with you.. we have to look to Him all the time..

>Hi Ink, yup.. agree with you! When I commit everything to Him in prayers... He always provide a way ...

>Hi Gabster, thanks for ur encouragement. :) Guess it speaks to all of us who have become so involved with so many things that are not important.. Anyway hope u're feeling better..

Sandy said...

Lovely poem... Captures the truth about us sometimes yea? A very real, and very beautiful piece... :)

Prisca said...

Hi Sandy! Thanks for leaving me a message and for your encouragement.. :)