Sunday, November 07, 2010

October update

Ahhhh... as I am typing this post, the rain pitter patters outside my window. No one should be allowed to work on such nice rainy weather. It's illegal and so not productive anyway. Lol.

October was an eventful month. It was my best friend's (J's) birthday, my husband's birthday, my godbrother in London's birthday, my brother-in-law's birthday... SO MANY!!! It's also a month where I have to watch my waistline as people and friends treat my husband to a birthday meal, I am also invited. Hehehe.

Went to Seoul in October as well.. yes, Seoul AGAIN... I will return to Seoul anytime (if someone sponsors me.. hehe). Never think I would like Seoul this much. I used to think that my all time favourite place is Kyoto, Japan and nothing else beats it.

I suppose in shopping, Seoul wins Japan hands down anytime. Simply because the cutting of the clothes are not short. (Well, hellooooo!!! Not all Asian women are petite and skinny as most Japanese are). Hardly bought clothes in Japan since the cutting is mostly too short to my liking. But when it comes to scenic places, I will still prefer Kyoto, Japan. Kyoto gives me a surreal feeling, that you can't believe that you're seeing certain things, certain sights that are so lovely and can't believe that it exist.

Ohohoh..part of my trip to Seoul was to attend a Korean wedding. Didn't know that weddings can be so efficient and short! 2 hours including the dinner and it was all over! It wasn't a traditional Korean wedding but it was definitely efficient - an eye opener considering that weddings this side of the globe where I'm from takes at least an ENTIRE DAY. So here are some of my photos from my Korean trip (not much as compared to the trip I had last year cos I was there mainly for shopping. And one can't take photos when their hands are busy grabbing things to bring to the changing room to try):-

Us in Myeongdong. My (shopping) Mecca. Move over Far East Plaza or anywhere else in Singapore!

This was a picture I took in Samcheongdong. An up and coming place in Seoul. Love this pic.


Hubby took this pic of me with my favourite tea place in Seoul - O'Sulloc. And with my favourite and oh-so-delicious Black Tea Roll cake. *Power dessert* Nothing beats this. Not tiramisu, not some avant garde looking cake that alot of cafes try to create these days. Not the seriously common yet all time favourite of most ppl - Molten Lava Chocolate Cake (the one that oozes warm chocolate in it).


And yes, the Korean wedding of our friend, Jae. She looks like she's a princess!


Just came back from a short but really good trip to Bangkok with my Mum. It was just the two of us bonding through shopping, Thai foot reflexology and massages and more shopping. Hey, we women bond that way like how men bond through talking about Army stuff, cars, computer parts and the latest gadgets!!

It was a much needed bonding time. My Mum have not travelled for many years to be able to raise us up. So thank God we could arrange for this trip. The most touching moment was when I asked her when we were onboard the flight to Bangkok: "So how are you feeling, Mum?" and she replied with a sparkle in her eye "I'm very excited, considering I have not travelled for so long".

That sparkle in her eye .. that image of her registered in my head. I won't forget how excited and happy she looked. Serene, but bubbling inside. Though it was only a short 4 days in Bangkok, I came back missing her more than before when I returned home. I remember how as I was unpacking my bag I had a sudden irrational fear of losing her and tears started welling up my eyes. Yeah, like I said. It was irrational. Not sure about most people but sometimes I do get such fears.

I think as I get older I begin to understand and realise how real mortality can be especially with my love ones. Like seeing how my Mum's knee will hurt if we climbed too long a flight of stairs, using the overhead bridge to cross to the other side. I seriously don't like how real mortality can be in my face but yet I know it's this that also makes me treasure every moment with them.

Ok, it must be the rain that's bringing out the "emo" side in me. Hehehe. I shall end here and go search for my SD card where memories and photos of my vacation with Mum are in it. Why the search? As an eager beaver, I like to unpack STRAIGHT away after a trip. While unpacking, I even took out the SD card from my camera knowing that I will load it onto the comp. As I continue unpacking... for the life of me, CANNOT recall where I put the SD card. So yeah.. wish me luck and pray that I can find it!!!



1 comment:

INK said...

Hey, we have that in common!!! I also have to unpack right as soon as I'm home. I can also imagine the feeling of not being able to find something although thankfully that has not happened to me yet. Did you ever manage to find your SD card? :)