Monday, September 06, 2010

The God of How Much More...

Went to IDMC recently and felt like it was an annual Mecca. Each time I attend this session, I whined about having to take a usual annual leave for a day or two and still having to wake up early in the morning to attend the conference instead of sleeping in like I usually would on my leave days.

But each time when I reach there, I get a fresh insight of the God who send His one and only son who died for me, the God who love me immensely beyond my imagination, a God who pursues me with His love and patience and a God who is ever so faithful despite when I am faith-less.

One of the many things that I learnt was the God of how much more...

Matthew 6:30 "30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"
Matthew 7:11 "11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Often we misunderstand and perceive our Father in heaven as someone that gives as a man or human gives - with a limit. Yet, it is written in His word that He is a God of How Much More!! It's not about the gifts or resources that He is able to provide. The How Much More stems from how deep is His love for me such that He will not withold from me simply because of His love for me.
I don't want to miss out on knowing more about my heavenly Father of the how much more!

No comments: