Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy National Day, Singapore!

We're 44! And where was I? I was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ... lol. I am patriotic mind you! I pay my income taxes okay!! And I support the government's campaign for a more gracious society in Singapore! I do.. I really do.. I hold myself back until I turn green or a shade of blue and not scold or curse the typical Singaporean who cuts in on me when I am queueing up properly while waiting for trains, buses, anything! See.. that's me supporting the government in it's campaign by being gracious. Lol. =)


Hehehe... I enjoyed myself in K.L recently. Got to know Thomas, Alan much better and caught up with Cara and Mabes. Most of all, I always enjoy time away from Singapore with my hubby. Half of this trip however, the girls and the guys split from each other so that we can 'divide and conquer' the places we want to go. Men = food, drinks, foot massage and more foot massage! Women = Shopping, shopping, more shopping and even more shopping. Hehehe.


Here are some of my fave. pics from the short road trip:-

This is the fountain attraction at Pavilion Mall (K.L's newest mall to date) . It changes colours. very pretty!

This is us at the Pavilion Mall.

Us at the Petronas Twin Towers, K.L. Lurve this pic that Thomas took for us.


Another view of the Petronas Twin Towers.


Okok, enough of Malaysia whilest my blog title is Happy National Day, Singapore! Lol. Well, when I was in Kuala Lumpur, though I enjoyed myself... I must say that I didn't felt it was relatively safe there. I had to make sure that my handbag was not next to the side of the road whenever I walked on the streets. We saw dried blood (not just in drips.. but drips and then led to a small dried pool of it) on our way when we switch trains. Not a pleasant sight indeed.

It's things like these that makes me appreciate the cleanliness, the greenery of Singapore and definitely how safe Singapore can be especially for women. From it's history of being a fishing village to a renowned dot on the map to being able to host F1 racing (first night racing in the world too!) ... I thought it's a pretty big feat that we have achieved thus far in a short span of 44 years. So.. I wanna say.. Majulah Singapura (progress Singapore! in malay). =)









No comments: