Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Falling On My Knees...

*Hungry, I come to You for I know You satisfy
I am empty but I know Your love does not run dry
So I wait for You, so I wait for You


I'm falling on my knees
Offering all of me.
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for


Broken I run to You for Your arms are open wide
I am weary but I know Your touch restores my life
So I wait for You, so I wait for You*


This song describes me to the point recently.
During worship today, I fell on my knees and balled my eyes out in front of my God.
Not sure why, I started confessing all of my sins and asking God to help me and cleanse me through & through. I felt so small before a mighty and powerful God.


Yet... the first words I heard from my mighty and powerful God were loving words "Do not give up on me just like I have never given up on you". It was there... I started crying like a broken tap. It's been a looooooooong while since I was broken, since I was not holding back, since I experienced Him at such expanse.


I know for sure at that moment, when I am broken & with a contrite heart before Him, He will be able to do a new work in me, He will be able to 'shape' me as to how He wants my heart to be, now that it is broken. A good friend once told me 'when life gets down hard on you until you are on your knees, that's the best position to start praying'. That phrase got stuck on my head. =)


It's true like the song 'Hungry (I'm falling on my knees)' when the lyrics say
"I am weary but I know Your touch restores my life..."
How can I do without You God, the lover of my soul?


I'm falling... in love.. all over again ..
and I wait for Him to do a deep and new work in me.

No comments: