Friday, October 06, 2006

Mid Autumn Festival

Mid Autumn Festival

Every year, our loving neighbour never fails to send us a lovely gift of haze. This year, our loving neighbour decided that it's about time they double the portion of their gift to us and sent us a huge dose of haze instead...sending some of our healths and our lungs into a frenzy. Hehe. We celebrated our Mid Autumn Festival this year together with haze. The air was pretty bad but that did not deter many Singaporeans and tourists from visiting the Chinese Gardens to look at the display of lanterns.

Bro Meng Chong was very nice! Heeehee.. he gave me a lift from home (I went back home to change cos I figure it would be warm and humid if I were to go straight to Chinese Gardens in my office attire) to Chinese Garden where the rest of the CG folks would be meeting as well. Thanks, Meng Chong! =)

To my horror, half of Singapore seems to be at Chinese Garden as well! Urgh!! Anyway, as much as I have an adversion to crowds and humidity...(Trust me, I can get reallllllly grouchy with humidity.. hehe) I told myself that I should just enjoy and make the best of it. Hehehe.

Here are some pics courtesy of MC's super pro camera:


Us @ the leaning tower of plates & bowls!

We met another CG here as well! The generous folks shared some mooncakes they brought with us!

I like the next pic. Heee... not becos I am in it la!! Cos everyone seems to have not noticed the 'kirin' tree and when I first spotted it, I didn't realise it was shaped into a Kirin. I saw the red ribbon first and wondered why the ribbon was tied in such a special manner like as if it was a collar. When I saw the "eyes".. then I realised it was shaped into a kirin. Cute ain't it?

My colleague, Adelyn said I looked like a small girl in this pic when she saw this picture. -.-!! Heheh.

We were about to leave the Chinese Garden and head off for supper at somewhere air-conditioned when we took this last pic together. I like it! Gives me a feel that we're in Taiwan or China or something! Hahahah..


Doesn't it? Heheheh... Hopefully, most of us can get to travel to Taiwan next year as a CG if possible... am sure it'd be fun! Anyway, that was Mid Autumn Festival 2006 for me! I guess this is also perhaps the last time the CG folks saw me in my long hair. Hee hee...

1 comment:

Tiger said...

yup, can't wait for the taiwan trip! :)