Friday, April 07, 2006

Of Overtime "Smashing"

Of late, my colleagues Yilin, Yan and I have been clocking in Overtime in the office due to the many things we have to do that seem never-ending.

Perhaps it's because we have been working until so late so often, all of us have become less sane. Okie, perhaps I speak for myself. Hahaha.

I was talking to a Brit assignee over the phone together with Yan one time and the assignee asked me if we knew about his assignment being extended? I told him yes and he will soon receive his extension contract upon approval and he said "Smashing!". After the call, I told Yan that the assignee has a lovely, crisp, clear voice and his accent was audible and nice. So the entire day whenever someone said something to me, I would reply "Smashing". Hehehe...

As we work ourselves towards the night, we were trying to speak with British accents and Yan & I ended up in a "pingponging" each other to see who can come up with the most words closest to the word Smashing session. This is how it goes (with fako British accents):

Pris: Smashing!
Yan: Fantastic!
Pris: Fabulous!
Yan: Fantabulous! (Fantastic + Fabulous fyi)
Pris: Marvellous!
Yan: Brilliant!
Pris: Terrific!
Yan: Great!
Pris: Well Done!
Yan: Excellent!
Pris: First Rate!
*Yan & Yilin laughing hilariously ....*
Yan: Good!
Pris: Magnificent!
Yan: Top Draw!
*I broke out laughing hysterically before continuing again*
Pris: Amazing!
Yan: Superb!
Pris: Superlative!
*We broke out laughing non-stop*
Yan: Smashing!
*laugh laugh laugh laugh*
Yan continuing: Outstanding!
Pris: Unparallel!
Yan laughing while asking: "Whats that?! Can meh?"
While trying to contain my laughter I replied: "Hahaha... Don't know that's what Microsoft Word's thesaurus gave me.."
Yan: "Hahahhaa... no wonder you could use Superlative!"

Hahahahahahah.... but seriously.... after that session, it amazes me to know that there are so many words to Excellent or.... Smashing! Heheh..

3 comments:

Gabster said...

wow!! didn't know there're so many ways to describe one thing.. hahaha

Anonymous said...

You forgot the mother of all fantastic words - It's so Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!! Hehe

Prisca said...

>gabster: neither did i! until now...hehe..

>inky: indeed! Brilliant!! hehe