Thursday, February 25, 2010

Procrastination ....

Procrastination is my worst enemy. Followed by myself or was it when I have to drag myself to bathe? Ok, I cannot decide between the latter two. So yeah, procrastination is THE enemy right now. There is a CG teaching that I have to research on and I am oh-so-lazy right now.



Procrastination is asking me to spend time observing the difference between all of my toes than to get cracking on what I need to do. Googled the definition of procrastination (see, I much rather google the definition to find out than to google on my research..) and here goes:-



"Procrastination is putting off or delaying or defering an action to a later time"...



Hmmm, maybe I am not procrastinating at all since I am feeling like I want to defer it for good (not even to a later time like the definition above). Anyway, before I log off from my blog and get down to doing some real work here, thought I'll paste what I thought might be a strange (at least to me) article that happened in the news recently.





In summary, a killer whale killed it's trainer recently at SeaWorld and alot of visitors to the park were stunned as it happened during a performance. And even SeaWorld employees are freaking out and came out of the "wood work" (quote as per article).

A couple of liners in the article evoked my ????. For starters, why are people shock when a KILLER whale (yes, I repeat a KILLER whale) starts killing? That's why the name Killer whale, duh. Just because it looks like a bloated monochrome dolphin doesn't mean it is not aggressive.

Another line in the article goes something like:-

"We're in the process of investigating all of the people and the animals,"

Sorry, I am no animal expert. My animal knowledge is limited to those that I know from the TV channel 'Animal Planet'. One thousand and one reasons come to my mind when they say they are in the process of investigating all of the people AND THE ANIMALS? I can't help but picture a reporter interviewing an Emperor Penguin in SeaWorld "How long have you known the Killer Whale? Do you know why it reacted that way?".

Next, the killer whale's name is called "Tilikum", whose name means "friend" in the Chinook Jargon language spoken among native Americans in the Pacific Northwest. Hmmm.. (I repeat) KILLER whale not much of a "Tilikum" now eh? The name is simply ironic.

And last but not least, the article ended with these last two paragraphs:-

[Animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals released a statement saying the death was a "tragedy that didn't have to happen."
"For years, PETA has been calling on SeaWorld to stop confining oceangoing mammals to an area that to them is like the size of a bathtub, and we have also been asking the park to stop forcing the animals to perform silly tricks over and over again," it said.]

It's kindof a 'no wonder' Tilikum went ballistic. Imagine years of being in the same tub and performing tricks while people (who may look very yummy actually) looked on in glee. For the full article click on the link:> http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100225/tts-entertainment-us-animal-accident-972e412.html

Ohohoh... the last ? I had on the article above is that the weblink address is "blahblahblahblah/blahblah/tts-ENTERTAINMENT-us-animal-accident-blahblahblah.

Alright, time for real work now.

No comments: