Sunday, June 18, 2006

X-Men Profiles (My version)

X-Men Profiles (My version)



Name:
Joan Lee
Friends with me since: 1997
Met: In the second year of our tertiary days.
Primary Powers: Ability to eat huge quantities of food without absorbing any drop of fat into the body system. Understanding business laws and jargons at lightning speed. Generating radical out of the world ideas and statements. Megawatt smile. Chao gengness (hehe).
Secondary Powers: Nobody-can-resist-me pout. Daily chameleon finger-nail colours. Online games. Asking out-of-the-blue questions in out-of-the-blue-situations (E.g. "So are you seeing anyone now?" half way thru a song while we are both singing in a karaoke. E.g. 2 "So what do you think is underneath the island of Singapore?" in the middle of a superbly dull accounts tutorial.)

Weaknesses: Tv. And more Tv. Oh... and of late... warcraft.


When 2 super powers meet and have synergy, we are good for:

-Hogging the karaoke microphones.
-Croaking to our hearts' contents in karaoke.
-Skipping lectures during most of our tertiary days and yet still have
100% accuracy in spotting exam questions (It's true!!).
-IRC trivia questions.
-90+% in accuracy & teamspirit when partnered in playing shooting games (such as Jurassic Park) in the arcade.
-**Proactive roleplay & presentation queens in tertiary (Cos' never do tutorials, LoL).
-Watching senseless tv and laughing non-stop.
-Talking about anything under the sun.
-Super chao geng duo; with my poker face and Joan's megawatt smile or nobody-can-resist-me pout (depending on situations, the powers switch instantly).
-Rarely found without the other in school. We come in a pack. Even lecturers can't separate us though most of them love us to bits (**Refer to above point about being proactive in roleplays).
-Usually found sitting at Bedok reservoir back in tertiary while lectures are being conducted.
-Need not speak a word with each other yet are comfortable with the silence. (If there is silence even to begin with in the first place. hahaha.)




Partnership: 100% & more!!!
Synergy level: We rock!!



Name: Serene Ang
Friends with me since: 2005
Met: In uni last year when working on the same project(s).
Primary Powers: Never say die attitude. Extraordinary rationalising skills when it comes to answering examination questions that she didn't study much. Even more extraordinary luck in scoring distinctions for things she didn't study much. Asking questions until one hits the dead end and begs for mercy. Ability to smoke people with her innocent looks and petite stature but shocks people with her powerful and gutsy comments and questions. Expert contingency planner. Top notch analytical brain.
Secondary Powers: High metabollic rate. Sweet voice (don't be fooled!!!hehe). Positive attitude. High self-evaluating skills. Appreciative and kindhearted in nature. Gutsy. Usually found with small packs of food or snacks in her bag.

Weakness: Her son, Kang. (Babe, it's true! hahahaa...)

(I don't have a picture of us together!! =( Urgh!)When 2 super powers meet and have synergy, we are good for:

-Doodling on notes during lectures. Hahah.
-Knowledge sharing and brainstorming of ideas as well as sharing of her food stash/snacks.
-Talking & laughing about relationships and our past... as well as present.... and future. Lol.
-Laughing & emulating our lecturers' idiosyncrasies.... (E.g. Let's "voodoo whack" this topic!! hahah).
-Encouraging each other to hang on, esp in the midst of our mugging for our final examinations.
-Outconvincing project leader, Annie to adapt to our ideas and solutions (By asking alot of questions until Annie gave up.. I think! Hahaha).
-Following up on each other's life and spurring each other on in our goals.
-Need not tell her in detail and she already reads my mind and know my thoughts. (It can be quite freaky y'know!! hahaha)
-Another 100% accuracy in spotting examination questions!

Partnership: 100% & more too!
Synergy Level: Excellent!!!

Name: Kirsten Koh

Friends with me since: The beginning of time ... lol...

Met: In primary school allllllllll the way until secondary school and now. We lasted longer than some marriages... hahahaha.

Primary Powers: Ability to out-run, out-sport, out-marathon, out-biathlon, out-triathlon (you get the picture) any man, woman or animal. (I know, I exaggerrated...on the man part... hahahha..) So adaptable to environment that she has the ability to sleep anywhere when she is tired. An all terrain sleeper. Epitome of all optimism. Mother of all positivity.

Secondary Powers: Energiser bunny 2. (Bunny 1 is Serene above). Super objective. Rarely takes sides. Smokes people with her deceptive "young" i-am-still-in-JC look. Ability to bore and scold me with health talks and lectures but would still accept a piece of chocolate when offered (after a lecture on how many rounds of the field I have to run with that 1 pc of chocolate).

Weakness: Ironically... sports.. (E.g. continues to run and go for marathons when injured.) Oh and National Geographic/Discovery Channel/Animal Planet. And animals.

When 2 super powers meet and have synergy, we are good for:

-Actually more like her training me in my stamina or fitness than its bothways. Lol.
-Seriously talking about our present and how to improve or go about our tough situations.
-Literally inseparable... she's in Tasmania now but yet we update each other on our lives.
-Understanding each other through watching National Geographic or discovery channel together. Hahahahha. I don't know how...but somehow we do.. don't ask me.
-Rollerblading together. Swimming together.
-Laughing and reminiscing about our primary and secondary school years.
-Having spur of the moment action plans being carried out (E.g. Celebrating our 20years anniversary of knowing each other overnight in a hotel room filled with the rest of our gal mates from secondary school). Hehe.
-Inspiring each other to exercise more and to rest more.. (guess who inspires who to exercise and rest more? No prizes!!)




Partnership:
99% Sometimes we do have our tiffs where she tells me off and I tell her off .. but we know its for the better of the other.
Synergy Level: Overall, we're still a powerhouse!! Hehe.


Name: Christine Yap
Friends with me since: Secondary school days. So not telling you the year if not you would start calculating my age. Lol.
Met: In secondary school.. duh. Heheh.
Primary Powers: Opportunist in suaning people. Powerful suanning remarks. Class 1 suanning skills. Ability to crack me up big time. Always up to mischief (If you think I am a prankster .. wait until you meet her.. hahahah). Ability to use big "innocent" looking eyes to get away with murder. Ability to annoy Kirsten and yet get away with murder once more. Supersonic wits at work.
Secondary Powers: Colouring hair for people. Cutting fringe for people. Peeling prawns and chicken for me. (I know.. what will I do without her right? hahaha.. She spoils me rotten.) Independent and super bo chap in most things. Gutsy in the wrong way (E.g. Draw thick eyebrows on one of the classmates toy in school.. hahaha.) Cheeky.
Weakness: Ah Belle (her dog whom most people come to fear), more dogs.


When 2 super powers meet and have synergy, we are good for:
-Her dragging me to the supermarket to try out on samples. hahaha.
-Disturbing others with our pranks.
-People watching at some cafes.
-Long talks over long walks together.
-Beauty tips exchange.
-Sometimes being a tad too protective over each other's life ...hehe.
-Erm....did I mention about her peeling prawns and chicken for me? colouring my hair and cutting my fringe? Hehehe.... I'm useless with prawns especially!
-Intensive shopping!!
- Her shedding light and insights on stuff and issues I share with her that bogs my mind.
-Ability to read each other's minds and act on our "devious" plans simultaneously..hehe.
Partnership: 99% The 1% is lacking because we barely have time to meet each other cos of her work schedule. Her shift work starts at 3pm whereas I start at 830am! Oh well.... we'll soon be in the same office building come end of this year.
Synergy Level: Fantabulous!!!

5 comments:

Sumomo said...

I chope "x-(wo)man" costume of pink long hair, titanium tiffany tiara, cyan armoured bikiny top and psychedelic blue fluff skirt and 3inch pink knee high boots with platinum buckles.

weapon of choice: razor-tongue with diamond stud, cinema-scope mod-look eyes and pretty pink clinique lipgloss.

Joan-aka-readmylips.

muaks! *Beams*

Prisca said...

>Joan: Fwahhhh......I think somebody's played too much warcraft or online games... hehe. just kiddin. Wear tiara how to "fight"? Heheh..

*Hugz* Pink or Yellow long hair.. I'm still glad that we're back together again!!!

Anonymous said...

Woooo!! I didnt know my pri/sec power r so powDerful!! Hey! U've overcredited me!! But it is very entertaining as I couldnt stop laughing!! *LoL* Well, i did enjoy doing proj w u & seeing annie's surrendered face. Heehee!! Besides that piece of paper, i guess the nx great thing abt this course is to know u, & to think that i was kicked out by my ex-projmates :p What a way to knw u huh!!

Prisca said...

>serene: Hey babe, thanks for ur message here. Nooooo... I don't think I overcredited you. =) It's the truth! =) Well, in my own opinion, ur ex-proj mates were short sighted and were only thinking of the present and did not bother to think further into the near future... =P (Look at our project distinctions and synergy we had! We had fun while doing projects, we gain a friend in each other and did well together...that's more important than scoring distinctions actually!)

Anonymous said...

Yes, i did have fun doing proj with u and the rest. :D Of cos, the greatest thing of all is that we can continue this friendship from there on. Let's keep it up and strive to do our best despite the challenges we have had or are going to have. Let's charge!!!