Monday, May 08, 2006

Sis-In-Law's Birthday!

Brought my baby to work today to take pics of tonight's family dinner and decided to take a pic in office for fun. Lily, my manager with me at my desk (Note: The desk behind Lily is not mine... it's our food stash area and that's why it looks messy...lol)



Finally... tonight we celebrate a belated brithday for my sis-in-law, Grace. Bro and her recommended this french stall at Serangoon Road. And here's a pic of my family!



(L-R: Grace, My bro, Daddykins [Can you see his fingers? He is emulating me!! How cheeky! hhahahah], me and mummy dearest!)



Okie, one of the conversations that went on during the dinner was about me asking Grace to share her secrets on good skin since I thought her skin was really fair, nice and clear. Daddykins was laughing and said "well, that's cos she married a doting husband you see.. so you see the natural glow." I sniggered and said to Dad in my usual mischievious self "Are you trying to praise that your byproduct - your son is a good doting husband or are you trying to praise yourself and claim credit in someway?So basically you mean I have to get married to get good skin huh?" Dad laughed and said "Hahah... well marriage is afterall your perogative." In jest I said to my family who was listening in to the conversation "Alright then, alas... in order to have good skin... I shall listen to Dad and get married so all of you better start advertising for me ya?" Dad laughed even louder and said "Have you watched Mi3 recently? MISSION IMPOSSIBLE". To which we all laughed heartily... including myself.


Pretty Birthday girl!!



Nobody was allowed to touch the food until I took pics... each time the waiter served us the food, I had to yell "WAIIIIIIITTTT! Cho to ma teh, plssss! Lemme take some pics first!!" Wahahahaha... (other than mummy dearest who knew about my blog.. the rest were taken aback that I had a blog... lol) Daddykins and I shared beef fondue, its minimum for 2 people but all of us shared! They had 4 sauces and the pot is basically boiling oil. You can dip the raw slices of beef into the bubbling oil and cook it to ur preference on the degree of tenderness of the beef and then dip it onto the 4 sauces. The beef was sooooo tender!


My all time favourite: Foie Gras!!!!!! This is with spinach. I must say the food here is delicious yet the price is easy on the pockets. Great recommendation from Grace & my bro!





Grace and mummy had "Pork Loin Cordon Bleu" and mummy dearest cut me a slice to try. I was amazed to find a slice of ham as well as melted cheese in between the pork loin. The combination of ham, cheese together with the taste of pork and topping it off with creamy mushroom sauce.... mmmmmmmmmm..... made the dish splendid!!!


Next was dessert.. I meant to say desserts. Hahaha. Bro recommended the chocolate profiterole and Grace recommended the tiramisu and Daddykins was eyeing the honey cheese cake and Mum dearest was already too full from the main courses. So we ordered 2 tiramisus, 1 honey cheesecake and 1 chocolate profiterole!


This is the chocolate profiterole. I lurve it!!! All the desserts weren't too sweet until you would start pumping in water by the gallons but yet it was delectable and light enough for you to continue indulging! I know.... it's sinful! But oh well... double up on tennis tomorrow then. Wahaha.. Happy Belated Birthday Sis-in-law!! :P Thanks for the wonderful brithday treat!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have another theory!!! Mebe ur sis-in-law has good skin coz of all the good food ur bro is feeding her! I mean, look at all that! I bet she eats fois gras everyday, and like they said, you are what you eat and I heard fois gras is smooooooooth on the throat. Heh heh... Oh gawd... I'm so hungry now...

Prisca said...

>inky: Wahahaha..... so I must find a husband tat will feed me good food like what my bro feeds my sis-in-law? Wahahaaha.... Just kiddin.... I think I will stick to drinking more water for better skin.

Anonymous said...

Be careful!!! Too much water and if you suffer from water retention, you know what happens! Keke...

Prisca said...

>inky: lol.... alas! beauty is one of women's woes!hehe

Merv Kwok said...

i want that chocolate thingy in the last pic!

Amleth said...

your skin is already good!! any further improvement will cause it to defy the laws of physics and become frictionless.

Anonymous said...

Amleth: Frictionless skin? Now that's scary. She'll be more slippery than an eel! :P

Prisca said...

>Merv: Maybe one day we should all go to the french stall in serangoon and then after that go Mustafa & jalan jalan.. hahahah...

>Amleth: Mmm... I think it can be better! Haha.. and the whole point of women being vain about their skin is wanting it to defy physics! :P haha.. Anyway my skin isn't good la... got 3 pimples recently.. urgh!

Merv Kwok said...

yes, maybe one day we all should! =D